Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, at work one machine had a massive axis oil leak.
The oil was "temporarily" captured in an empty paint bucket.
The issue, ruptured high pressure hose, got remedied but no one bothered to dispose off the bucket containing the spilled/leaked oil.
To clarify, the bucket was like 4/5th full at that time.

Now, apparently some idiot thought it a good idea to add more fluid to that bucket out of his machines "oil drip pan" - to the extend that the bucket is now overflowing full sitting in a puddle of spilled oil.
Just looking at the bucket causes it to spill out more, no chance to even move it without significant fluid spillage.

We have a barrel for fluid/oil spillage and disposal.
Obviously no one thought it prudent to empty the buckets content into that barrel after the machine got fixed, nor did that idiot have the decency to empty his machines drip pan into said barrel.

I am surrounded by morons, idiots and stupidity!
I make a point to limit interaction with any of them in hopes of keeping partial sanity.

IMG_20221029_202105.jpg

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The other day a coworker who has been manning the machine he worked at for close to 10 years asked me "How do I trick the machine to go outside of its machine limits?".

I was like WTF dude, You don't!!!
His response "Ah crap, I have to move the workpiece over then, it is out of machine limits by a couple mm's."

All our machines carry a steel plate with a 25x25mm shifted by 12.5mm mounting hole pattern, thus workpieces can be mounted and easily adjusted/moved in 12.5mm increments.
The coworker was just too damn lazy to move the workpiece by one row and correct the processing programs parts setup location by exactly 12.5mm.

Example of work plate and workpiece setup, 5 axis CNC mill.
IMG_20221029_205552.jpg

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
12:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The other day a coworker who has been manning the machine he worked at for close to 10 years asked me "How do I trick the machine to go outside of its machine limits?".

I was like WTF dude, You don't!!!
His response "Ah crap, I have to move the workpiece over then, it is out of machine limits by a couple mm's."

All our machines carry a steel plate with a 25x25mm shifted by 12.5mm mounting hole pattern, thus workpieces can be mounted and easily adjusted/moved in 12.5mm increments.
The coworker was just too damn lazy to move the workpiece by one row and correct the processing programs parts setup location by exactly 12.5mm.

Example of work plate and workpiece setup, 5 axis CNC mill.
View attachment 353096

What are you manufacturing there Wilhelm? Other than idiots...

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What are you manufacturing there Wilhelm? Other than idiots...
We are mostly indulging lazy mommas boys that haven't had any work ethic nor experience prior to working in this company - they are only "green button pushers" and even after months and years of working don't care to learn anything.
Yet they get the same paycheck as those that care to learn.

Other than that, we are manufacturing cast iron heating elements - ovens, stoves, fireplaces, both parts per order and whole heating units.
Also some BBQ stuff.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get tired of hearing how more recent generations have no manners, respect for others, work ethic, etc. I work part time in retail and can tell you that entitled arseholes come in all ages. Last Saturday, I was working my side job, and one of my customers was a 73 year old man of great tonnage on a store provided scooter. I know his age because I had to look at his ID. I was processing documents for three different sales at once and had a line of people still to be served. Scootypuff Shamu parked himself right in front of my computer with his whiny grandkid on his lap and kept trying to engage me in pointless conversation, including boasting about how he held a clearance two levels higher than nuclear eons ago when he served in the military. As an aside, in retail the unsolicited mention of military service is an indirect way of asking for a discount and/or to be waited on before other customers. I ran out of polite things to say in response and just kept doing my job, to which he said loudly, "You don't have much of a sense of humor, do ya?" I told him I was "sorry" and just trying to do my job so everybody could get taken care of as quickly as possible.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We are mostly indulging lazy mommas boys that haven't had any work ethic nor experience prior to working in this company - they are only "green button pushers" and even after months and years of working don't care to learn anything.
Yet they get the same paycheck as those that care to learn.

Other than that, we are manufacturing cast iron heating elements - ovens, stoves, fireplaces, both parts per order and whole heating units.
Also some BBQ stuff.

Sadly, over here many employers work that way by design. Just do your little menial task and don't try to learn more and increase your skill set. I've had jobs where I gladly offered to take on more complicated tasks for the same pay just so I could learn things. They looked at me like I had two heads and told me to stay in my own lane in so many words.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sadly, over here many employers work that way by design. Just do your little menial task and don't try to learn more and increase your skill set. I've had jobs where I gladly offered to take on more complicated tasks for the same pay just so I could learn things. They looked at me like I had two heads and told me to stay in my own lane in so many words.
That sounds all too familiar to me, sadly!

Yesterday I fixed a CNC mill after the official distributer/service guys left it as "inoperable".
No credits granted!

They (my superiors) can count themselves lucky that I was in an exceptionally good mood, otherwise I would have left the machine inoperable on principle!

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get tired of hearing how more recent generations have no manners, respect for others, work ethic, etc. I work part time in retail and can tell you that entitled arseholes come in all ages. Last Saturday, I was working my side job, and one of my customers was a 73 year old man of great tonnage on a store provided scooter. I know his age because I had to look at his ID. I was processing documents for three different sales at once and had a line of people still to be served. Scootypuff Shamu parked himself right in front of my computer with his whiny grandkid on his lap and kept trying to engage me in pointless conversation, including boasting about how he held a clearance two levels higher than nuclear eons ago when he served in the military. As an aside, in retail the unsolicited mention of military service is an indirect way of asking for a discount and/or to be waited on before other customers. I ran out of polite things to say in response and just kept doing my job, to which he said loudly, "You don't have much of a sense of humor, do ya?" I told him I was "sorry" and just trying to do my job so everybody could get taken care of as quickly as possible.
I have no patience left for "entitled a$$hole$" - I tell them straight to their faces to F off and get out of my sight!!!

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Agreed, but I actually need to keep the job!
I am on probation for telling off my whimpy superior out loud in front of a dozen coworkers - he ran off to his superior like a hurt pup and got me an infraction warning. :p

Getting fired would actually feel like a promotion to me since those same superiors keep me in place exploiting my 26 years of experience and knowledge for their own good and purposes.

I am quittin' the day before Sondre @SOS Ridgerider lands at the airport in Croatia's capitol! ;)

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
10:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
People can be pricks. On a (precious) day off, I stopped by my work to grab a bunch of bearings and seals for an axle I was working on. Despite my lack of any and all apparel related to the company, a couple 3rd or 4th in line asked me to find them a set of tire chains. I distractedly replied that I did not work there and they should ask an employee when their turn came.

Today a co-worker told me about a guy who came up to the counter spot next to him and told a different employee that he "talked with that f*ing a-hole (the storyteller) about an air pump. Ya know that (storyteller) is kinda an a-hole." To clarify, he's not an a-hole and he's a really nice guy unless you are being an a-hole or you are completely clueless, in which case he gets a bit peeved. My coworker paused the phone call he was on and told the guy he did not speak with anyone about an air pump that day. Turns out the guy spoke to an entirely different guy altogether, but loudly called my buddy's name out even though it was dead wrong.

There's also a guy who's always threatening to sue our company and has threatened to kill a manger, the guy who is always an a-hole and tells the counter guys how they were a-holes till "he trained 'em right", and a continual revolving selection of brain-dead individuals who have no idea what they need or think that asking the same question 8 different ways will garner a different answer. One guy who came by and asked me if I could literally "get a part for a truck" without knowing what the part was, did or went on now works there. (Sigh)

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
People can be pricks. On a (precious) day off, I stopped by my work to grab a bunch of bearings and seals for an axle I was working on. Despite my lack of any and all apparel related to the company, a couple 3rd or 4th in line asked me to find them a set of tire chains. I distractedly replied that I did not work there and they should ask an employee when their turn came.

Today a co-worker told me about a guy who came up to the counter spot next to him and told a different employee that he "talked with that f*ing a-hole (the storyteller) about an air pump. Ya know that (storyteller) is kinda an a-hole." To clarify, he's not an a-hole and he's a really nice guy unless you are being an a-hole or you are completely clueless, in which case he gets a bit peeved. My coworker paused the phone call he was on and told the guy he did not speak with anyone about an air pump that day. Turns out the guy spoke to an entirely different guy altogether, but loudly called my buddy's name out even though it was dead wrong.

There's also a guy who's always threatening to sue our company and has threatened to kill a manger, the guy who is always an a-hole and tells the counter guys how they were a-holes till "he trained 'em right", and a continual revolving selection of brain-dead individuals who have no idea what they need or think that asking the same question 8 different ways will garner a different answer. One guy who came by and asked me if I could literally "get a part for a truck" without knowing what the part was, did or went on now works there. (Sigh)

Threatening to kill someone is Terroristic Threatening here and can be a felony. At minimum, a police report should be made and the guy banned permanently.