The 572XP Update Thread

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
7:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wondering if anyone has dealt with the issue I’m having?

Saw will die coming out of the cut, unless I feather the throttle at the end of the cut.

Similar if I just pizz rev it and release the throttle without letting it down easy.

It floods. Only restarts with choke off and throttled and stumbles in smokey exhaust when it does start.

Took it to the shop I bought it from to put on the CST. No error codes, no updates necessary and they gave it a Reset.

Brought it home, no change.

Attached is a run today. I almost think it ran better today,,, harder to show the stall. Still happened three times though.

No stall on this run, but there’s a cut mid way through where it stumbles and finally recovers.
I meant to throw up a vid where it did stall.

Factory stock saw or has it been taken apart/messed with... ports changed/ported? Tank vent changed or modified yet? Carb inlet needle pressure tested?

Last edited:

M2theB

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Factory stock saw or has it been taken apart/messed with... ports changed/ported? Tank vent changed or modified yet? Carb inlet needle pressure tested?

Ported yes
Vent dickered with, yes
Have not pressure tested the carb. Easy enough to do and acts like that could be something to chase.
Ran through two tanks this weekend.
Stalled to quit once.
Only difference was I added a cap of XP to a the 50:1 mix, in the tank.
And I kept babying it on the throttle out of the cut.
I do think it was acting better with all that.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ported yes
Vent dickered with, yes
Have not pressure tested the carb. Easy enough to do and acts like that could be something to chase.
Ran through two tanks this weekend.
Stalled to quit once.
Only difference was I added a cap of XP to a the 50:1 mix, in the tank.
And I kept babying it on the throttle out of the cut.
I do think it was acting better with all that.
If I was having issues with a newly ported saw and it ran fine before portwork, I would think to send it back and give them a chance to look at it.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not that I know of.
Brought it back to the shop for diagnostic and nothing flagged.
Make sure you investigate the main nozzle...when you prime/purge the saw does the bulb fill completely or does it half azz fill with bubbly mix?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I was having issues with a newly ported saw and it ran fine before portwork, I would think to send it back and give them a chance to look at it.
If I knew how to diagnose every Husky Autotune issue I may have suggested that. We were hoping the collective minds here may have found similar symptoms and a fix so I recommended that he ask in this thread

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder why the computer can't diagnose the issue?
Is it stalling from a lean or rich issue? How does the plug look?
Just thinking outloud here.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
6:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I knew how to diagnose every Husky Autotune issue I may have suggested that. We were hoping the collective minds here may have found similar symptoms and a fix so I recommended that he ask in this thread

The only thing I have is the saw may just need the piss run out of it for a couple minutes to "set the tune" .

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It can only give an indication of what's going on, there's not sensors all over the saw like a car.

Hmmm. Ide like to play with that system a bit. See what all it could do. I get not having sensors all over the saw, that seems like the kind of thing they should put on the 500i. But what kind of sensors do the carbs have in them?

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was going to say thats pretty bad ass and a plus for all the new computer carb saws. But without being a dealer or buying the expensive scanners we can't even get into the carbs to see all that good stuff

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was going to say thats pretty bad ass and a plus for all the new computer carb saws. But without being a dealer or buying the expensive scanners we can't even get into the carbs to see all that good stuff
My only experience with the dealer diagnosing issues is with a 562. He told me it had an air leak code. I pressure tested it and found it leaking through the transfer cover o ring. After I fixed it I took it back and no codes. At least that’s what I was told. I’ve no other experience with it other than reading here.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My only experience with the dealer diagnosing issues is with a 562. He told me it had an air leak code. I pressure tested it and found it leaking through the transfer cover o ring. After I fixed it I took it back and no codes. At least that’s what I was told. I’ve no other experience with it other than reading here.

It does so by the "number" that the Hi and Lo are at. So in your case if the setting are maxxed out and can't give any more, then the computer program read this as a lean condition and can indicate so. So once you get used to seeing where normal numbers run, then you can start to tell when something is amiss. Same as if all of a sudden you have to tune two and a half turns out from normally one turn out, then you know something is wrong what you will have to find out, same as if reading the report.
So really, don't try and over think this thing because it's auto tune, it's still a saw, just whom or what is doing the tuning is the only real difference. At the end of the day a person has to get in there and find out what's going on. At least that's my take and experience with them. The internet however, it's all snake heads and chicken bones up in there...

Fullkip

Timber Faller/Saw Porter/Hunting Guide
Local time
4:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had one that had fines getting past the fuel filter. The screen in carb was 3/4 plugged. Same deal on some 562s. Replace fuel filter and clean out carb screen. Hope no fines got to the main nozzle.
If it a low hour saw probably won't help.
Pressure and vacuum test the fuel system. There have been some bad coils...

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmmm. Ide like to play with that system a bit. See what all it could do. I get not having sensors all over the saw, that seems like the kind of thing they should put on the 500i. But what kind of sensors do the carbs have in them?

H and L and throttle position, most of the rest is done by the coil, rpm, run time, times ran, etc..