sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
its actually visit pam and the five sisters so you know, so go *f-word yourself

Thanks ! If I ever go to Ireland and wanna wack off I'll know what I'm talking about. It's always nice to be able to speak the language so you don't sound like a wanker.

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
11:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stock for stock, I see no interest in a 500i.

Power/Weight are too close to the 462, no air injection, need more gas, much more expensive. If I had to buy a stihl, it would be a 462, one of the best saw they ever made.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm torn between the 462 and 500i, the 462 is just so light/compact, one piece top cover, air filter that stays clean, and I think the AV is a little more firm. But the 500i has ported saw acceleration, great power, with a smooth wide power band, and yeah fuel injection is kool. But the sideways balance is sux, so in the garbage they must go.[emoji1]

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well this has been quite the read. Slightly comical I must say. Had a few good laughs. A little bit of everything here. Husky junk, stihl junk, butt hurt, oil talk, masturbation, retards, cotton, then the dreaded cancer and some death. Yeah I prob shouldn't have put butt hurt, oil, and masterbation all next to each other. But the cancer and death hits home. I'm pretty sure that's a real problem we've all dealt with or know someone who has. Maybe some haven't seeing how twisted they get over saw brands. They're all junk just pick what feels good to you. I use to be a bit of a stihl snob back when I first started using saws. And I still like them. But I like all the other brands also. They all have some good ones and some turds. That pretty much goes for everything these days...sadly. QC is a joke (shouldn't be) and we live in a throw away world. This is getting a bit long and kinda forgot where I was going with it. I guess the fact that there is much bigger problems in life than chainsaws. It's cool to have some fun and break some balls. We gotta do that. But at the end of the day there's bigger fish to fry.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
4:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well this has been quite the read. Slightly comical I must say. Had a few good laughs. A little bit of everything here. Husky junk, stihl junk, butt hurt, oil talk, masturbation, retards, cotton, then the dreaded cancer and some death. Yeah I prob shouldn't have put butt hurt, oil, and masterbation all next to each other. But the cancer and death hits home. I'm pretty sure that's a real problem we've all dealt with or know someone who has. Maybe some haven't seeing how twisted they get over saw brands. They're all junk just pick what feels good to you. I use to be a bit of a stihl snob back when I first started using saws. And I still like them. But I like all the other brands also. They all have some good ones and some turds. That pretty much goes for everything these days...sadly. QC is a joke (shouldn't be) and we live in a throw away world. This is getting a bit long and kinda forgot where I was going with it. I guess the fact that there is much bigger problems in life than chainsaws. It's cool to have some fun and break some balls. We gotta do that. But at the end of the day there's bigger fish to fry.

Nicely said.

Best answer :afro:

Steven

Nighthunter

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks ! If I ever go to Ireland and wanna wack off I'll know what I'm talking about. It's always nice to be able to speak the language so you don't sound like a wanker.
so what would be the difference in being a wanker now and then

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting thread.

I guess people don’t understand what first impressions are. When a company can’t even assemble their product correctly, it makes you wonder what else wasn’t paid attention to.

There is a lot of background behind the scenes here. Over the years I have been sent pics of 5 series husky’s with no bolts in the transfer covers, intake boots not seated in there retainers, etc... It shouldn’t be a warranty issue, it should be a QC issue where a product is delivered in the best form possible.

One has to wonder why Stihl can’t price there saws at a price point comparable to Husky. In part it has to be QC and R&D. If a corporation could price something closer to a competitor, they will sell more product.

Stihl’s new models have an elegance in their simplicity. I own saws from both manufacturers and I am only loyal to what runs well and doesn’t break down.

Time to go wackoff.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A shot of bearing still on crank of 572... They didn't spin in case, still nice and snug.
Not sure why husqvarna went with the ugly trench on the exhaust ports..
Grinding them out isn't much fun.
The exhaust timing I use does away with most of that trough. On 562s and 572s. 550 and 555s even have them .
That trench looks very intentional to me. Like a previous member stated, I’m wondering if it’s an incorporation of someone’s flow theory at the mother ship. I seem to remember some builders would grind in a very similar step.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
just to be clear. Has the 500 became the holy grail. Number one go to saw? For new models.

It's all about what you actually plan to do with a saw.....it is a tool after all.

Do you need an 80cc saw that costs more than any other 80cc saw made, and is tough to find?

Or are you just interested in having the latest thing?

Yeah....the saw seems to be holding up well enough. But the Makita 7900 holds up well too.

Here's the thing....people seem to really like the 500i, but I have customers who love the 572XP too. You gotta handle the saws and see what fits you best. Internet hoopla is just that. A bunch of wankers spouting off about stuff they think they know.

As for myself....

I had a nearly new MS462 that I had been keeping stock to use as a baseline against the 462s I ported to help me gauge the gains I was getting. The MS500i became available, so I sold my 462, and bought a 500i. As soon as I handled the 500i, I regretted selling the 462. The saw just didn't fit me as well as the 462. I already have a ported 661, and a ported 044, so why did I need a 500i? I wound up selling it......

Today I have ten MS500s on the bench torn down to port.....I have ten more to do as soon as these are back together. So yeah.....they are popular, but not life changing.

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But for real though...I gots me a mk2 550xpg and 572xpg nib still. Figured I'd give them another shot after hearing good things. Now it seems the lack of quality is starting to trickle out. And no this thread didn't start it...I've heard some of it before this. Now don't get me wrong...they're light years ahead of the original 5 series saws. But it has always bothered me to some degree that the ability to work on my own saw has been stripped away from me. I'm referring to the autotune bs. At least with a 261 or 462, even being mtronic, you can repair and reset them yourself. As @TreeLife stated, he's sitting on a 572 that's essentially useless until it gets reset. And half these hole in the wall dealers have no idea what's going on. Which in my eyes is a huge problem. I don't think corporate should allow you to sell their products if your not capable of repairing them, warranty work, etc. But what do I know. Maybe I'll hunt for a 462, or stick with my trusty 460, or 64/7910, or 372? See told you I appreciate them all lol.