The 572XP Update Thread

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the bright side of things, Husqvarna doesn't seem to have supply issues and has provided plenty of supply of saws and parts (so far at least, knock on wood).
Some husky saws are hard to get or on back order right now 395 specifically, the last parts I ordered in September showed up within a week, so no issue that time.

Last edited:

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
3:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But for real though...I gots me a mk2 550xpg and 572xpg nib still. Figured I'd give them another shot after hearing good things. Now it seems the lack of quality is starting to trickle out. And no this thread didn't start it...I've heard some of it before this. Now don't get me wrong...they're light years ahead of the original 5 series saws. But it has always bothered me to some degree that the ability to work on my own saw has been stripped away from me. I'm referring to the autotune bs. At least with a 261 or 462, even being mtronic, you can repair and reset them yourself. As @TreeLife stated, he's sitting on a 572 that's essentially useless until it gets reset. And half these hole in the wall dealers have no idea what's going on. Which in my eyes is a huge problem. I don't think corporate should allow you to sell their products if your not capable of repairing them, warranty work, etc. But what do I know. Maybe I'll hunt for a 462, or stick with my trusty 460, or 64/7910, or 372? See told you I appreciate them all lol.

Not quite sure why folks believe in the need for the carb reset after an event. Have rebuilt and rebuilt plus ported numerous 5 series saws that were blown up, including rebuilding the carburetors and never have I had the carb reset. After all it is a Auto Tuning carburetor. Yes, they might bauk, spit or even sputter at first fire, but this doesn't last long as the tuning process is happening faster than you can grab your screwdriver. It will retune to the proper place even if starting from a different one. Give it some throttle and listen to it change.
Now, if you want/need diagnostics or your carb updated, that's a different story and unless there were current run issues present, wouldn't worry about that either.
These new saws are the same as the saws they replaced other than the need for tuning, that's it, no more theory needs to be added or implied. Maybe I have an overly simplified view of it, but that's how I see it as I work on them.

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not quite sure why folks believe in the need for the carb reset after an event. Have rebuilt and rebuilt plus ported numerous 5 series saws that were blown up, including rebuilding the carburetors and never have I had the carb reset. After all it is a Auto Tuning carburetor. Yes, they might bauk, spit or even sputter at first fire, but this doesn't last long as the tuning process is happening faster than you can grab your screwdriver. It will retune to the proper place even if starting from a different one. Give it some throttle and listen to it change.
Now, if you want/need diagnostics or your carb updated, that's a different story and unless there were current run issues present, wouldn't worry about that either.
These new saws are the same as the saws they replaced other than the need for tuning, that's it, no more theory needs to be added or implied. Maybe I have an overly simplified view of it, but that's how I see it as I work on them.
Exactly . They tune themselves real quick so I really don't know why you would bother resetting anything

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a friend's 572 here currently soni thought I'd check it out.
IMG_20201123_165558463.jpg
The over tightening of the air filter must be the norm. Time to take away the impact drills........
IMG_20201123_165901190.jpg
That bevel on the top of the exhaust definitely looks planned to me. Whatever there thoughts are.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a friend's 572 here currently soni thought I'd check it out.
View attachment 268622
The over tightening of the air filter must be the norm. Time to take away the impact drills........
View attachment 268623
That bevel on the top of the exhaust definitely looks planned to me. Whatever there thoughts are.

If you're talking about the recess, the filter is made that way because the screw goes in at an angle.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Exactly. A reset ain't even a good idea in most cases. Same is true for a Stihl.

Had an air leak? Yeah, do a reset if you can. But resetting just for the sake of doing it isn't a good idea.

If you're talking about the recess, the filter is made that way because the screw goes in at an angle.

Exactly right. That's the normal shape of the filter top.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That trench looks very intentional to me. Like a previous member stated, I’m wondering if it’s an incorporation of someone’s flow theory at the mother ship. I seem to remember some builders would grind in a very similar step.

I suspect a lot of the 'odd' things we see from some manufacturers has more to do with emissions than it has to do with performance. Likely been that way for some time now.

Fullkip

Timber Faller/Saw Porter/Hunting Guide
Local time
1:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I see a need to do a leak down test on an Autotune saw I always hook it up and clear any codes. If it comes back I know any codes are from after I cleared them.
Stihl dealers charge way more to hook up a mtronic saw then Husky does to hook up an Autotune...

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I see a need to do a leak down test on an Autotune saw I always hook it up and clear any codes. If it comes back I know any codes are from after I cleared them.
Stihl dealers charge way more to hook up a mtronic saw then Husky does to hook up an Autotune...
Local shop is husky and Stihl so when you have a saw scanned it’s just hourly rate for how long it takes

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
9:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Local shop is husky and Stihl so when you have a saw scanned it’s just hourly rate for how long it takes

You're lucky, for a logger, if your saw more than 6 months old, the only thing we heard from our dealers is "saw is too old, you better buy a new one".

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for clearing up the autotune issues for me. Sounds it was a bit blown out of proportion or maybe just misinformed. Still think I slightly prefer the mtronic set up better but personal preference I suppose. Both autotune and mtronic are pretty wicked. To constantly be running at optimal tune is a great thing.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You're lucky, for a logger, if your saw more than 6 months old, the only thing we heard from our dealers is "saw is too old, you better buy a new one".
This still happens on saws that are hard to get parts for through Stihl like the 028’s ect but on a more current saw they’ll give you the option to fix what you have even if it’s not worth it cost wise. Only problem is they have issues getting good techs like other places because they don’t want to pay as much as they should. I told them before they need to pay well for the top 2 positions in the shop so they can oversee the rest of the people coming in and out as techs. Need to have people checking work before it leaves and ask questions too.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This still happens on saws that are hard to get parts for through Stihl like the 028’s ect but on a more current saw they’ll give you the option to fix what you have even if it’s not worth it cost wise. Only problem is they have issues getting good techs like other places because they don’t want to pay as much as they should. I told them before they need to pay well for the top 2 positions in the shop so they can oversee the rest of the people coming in and out as techs. Need to have people checking work before it leaves and ask questions too.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don’t know why my post is in here twice must have been the poor reception I had

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
9:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a problem with a co-worker's saw, a husky 560xp.

My partner had an air leak, the warranty year was just over. He was at the dealer shop (the oldest stihl dealer in France, and also Husqvarna dealer since 2008).
After two weeks, he called them, the saw wasn't fixed. They told him the saw was too used, no more compression, etc. They did not even try to plug it to the computer.

He came back to me, I put my compression gauge on the saw. 170psi. Pretty good for a stock saw.

Then, he get back to the dealer shop with my gauge and his saw. They refused to fix it.

Another friend had an air leak on a one year old 461. They asked him 480€ to fix it.

I made a vacuum test on this saw, then I came back to the dealer shop myself, and I bought a crank seal for my friend. I fixed the saw, and never get back to this shop.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve only rebuilt a 562xp for a guy I know never had an issue with running after I did it tuned itself within a couple min. Funny thing is this guy has 3 of these saws and they’re all mark 1’s the one I rebuilt was his bosses old saw and after it was blown he ended up with it. The 2 he bought new have hot start issues in summer but the one I rebuilt never gave him and issue. All 3 are about the same age and they all have the same carb on them so it’s kinda strange. I don’t remember off the top of my head for sure but I think that carbs were 44 series carbs.