Springfield vs Glock?

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
4:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought it as a .40 and got it for a good price but it has a 9mm barrel in it now. I’ve never had any accuracy problems with the gun, it was always me.
Since the .40 S&W and 9mm have different diameter cases, don't you introduce excessive slop in the breech face and extractor, when mating a 9mm barrel with a .40 cal slide.
I've seen the conversion barrels but have never used one. I was always concerned about reliability.
Have you had any extraction or ejection issues with yours?

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
.357 Sig is just a necked down .40 S&W case, most of the case is the exact same size as a .40, so it works perfectly. The only difference between the guns is the barrel. The only issue I've hear of is is feed issues if you try and mix some of the mags, if I remember correct, as long as you stick with the 357 mag you won't have a feed problem.

Last edited:

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did have an issue with the last round feeding properly when i used a .40 mag. After i bought new 9mm mags i haven’t had any issues. I did have a couple stove pipe but i had 2 in my buddies SIG P365 SAS from the same box so i’m thinking it was the ammo not the gun.

Last edited:

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
.357 Sig is just a necked down .40 S&W case, most of the case is the exact same size as a .40, so it works perfectly. The only difference between the guns is the barrel. The only issue I've hear of is is feed issues if you try and mix some of the mags, if I remember correct, as long as you stick with the 357 mag you won't have a feed problem.
I understand the .357 Sig and .40 S&W relationship. My question was concerning switching from a .40 S&W to 9mm Parabellum chambered barrel and using the slide with a .40 S&W breech face and extractor to shoot 9mm ammo.

Last edited:

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did have an issue with the last round feeding properly when i used a .40 mag. After i bought new 9mm mags i haven’t had any issues. I did have a couple stove pipe but i had 2 in my SIG P365 SAS from the same box so i’m thinking it was the ammo not the gun.
Good to hear. I guess the .40 extractor will work.

N8TE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since the .40 S&W and 9mm have different diameter cases, don't you introduce excessive slop in the breech face and extractor, when mating a 9mm barrel with a .40 cal slide.
I've seen the conversion barrels but have never used one. I was always concerned about reliability.
Have you had any extraction or ejection issues with yours?
Good thoughts. Another consideration when using a new barrel for the first time is verifying that the headspace is correct...could be a bad day if it isn't correct.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I understand the .357 Sig and .40 S&W relationship. My question was concerning switching from a .40 S&W to 9mm Parabellum chambered barrel and using the slide with a .40 S&W breech face and extractor to shoot 9mm ammo.

Got it. Not sure that would match up, I would think not, and a new spring would be necessary.

Last edited:

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good thoughts. Another consideration when using a new barrel for the first time is verifying that the headspace is correct...could be a bad day if it isn't correct.
Not as important with an auto loader, crucial with a bolt-action.

kjmatson

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
All if the plastic guns have bad triggers out of the box IMHO, and I've shot a good number of them.

I've had to do a little trigger work and polish on every one I carry. I just don't like that gritty feel. I know it will eventually smooth out, but what a difference a polish does

Chainsaw Addict

GO HOOSIERS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had inherited a 1000 case of 45acp semi wad cutter from my brother. He got it pretty cheap ( few years ago). His stainless Colt Gvmnt model didn't like the shoulder. I blew through those w my Glock 21 ate them without a hiccup. Never had any problems with 9mm 19 either.
Shot a lot w SW Shield as well.
Wouldn't expect any problems with any of the the guns mentioned, just comes down to feel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk