Vice

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Have you looked at these?
View attachment 272256
I’d like to try one in a 9mm. Not sure what it was but my bro has a MP .40, on a guys weekend that proved to be the least accurate. Maybe we had the most to drink when we got to it (think 8 guys, 4wheelers, trucks, camp, booze)? It had an incredibly heavy trigger which I think didn’t help for me? It felt great in hand. I’ve never been a huge fan of .40cal mostly because the cost, I figured why not just go up to a .45 but now who knows. Id love a kimber 1911 but got some heft. I used all my .45 ammo and never had .40, I still have some .9mm kicking. I’m not going to be in the back yard every day like my neighbor(not sure where he’s getting the money to squeeze them off?) I just want a good carry

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
7:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whichever feels better in your hands.

Both offer fine firearms, which is better is subjective.

Besides, every knows 1911s>All...
At the risk of being tarred and feathered, I don't like the feel of the 1911's.
I own some but don't shoot them often or well. The grip just doesn't feel good in my hand.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’d like to try one in a 9mm. Not sure what it was but my bro has a MP .40, on a guys weekend that proved to be the least accurate. Maybe we had the most to drink when we got to it (think 8 guys, 4wheelers, trucks, camp, booze)? It had an incredibly heavy trigger which I think didn’t help for me? It felt great in hand. I’ve never been a huge fan of .40cal mostly because the cost, I figured why not just go up to a .45 but now who knows. Id love a kimber 1911 but got some heft. I used all my .45 ammo and never had .40, I still have some .9mm kicking. I’m not going to be in the back yard every day like my neighbor(not sure where he’s getting the money to squeeze them off?) I just want a good carry
I bought it as a .40 and got it for a good price but it has a 9mm barrel in it now. I’ve never had any accuracy problems with the gun, it was always me.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The early M&P were problematic for a number of reasons, The second gen is fine for sure. I like S&W revolvers, well who doesn't, but I'm not the biggest fans of their polymer offerings. IMHO the single stack 9mm is a near perfect EDC/CC, nice and slim.

Right now .40 is less than 9mm, and you can still find .40 here and there, zero 9mm or .45 and don't ask about 5.56

Vice

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I own some but don't shoot them often or well. The grip just doesn't feel good in my hand.
Understandable, but dang they look nice!

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Your one of the very few. What fits one person doesn't necessarily fit another or feel comfortable. A guy can get a thousand different opinions on a subject like this. One has to actually pick them up for himself.
Either of them will be a good, quality piece.

Top to bottom XD40, XD-s in .45 and Hellcat 9mm

20200906_113027.jpg
The S and Hellcat get carried.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Logsdendave

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From what I gather from the original post. Your more sold on the Springfield than glock. And I’m sure you’ve already eliminated the other brands. I’d find the Springfield. Unless your married to that dealer. Or order online.

Vice

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Your one of the very few. What fits one person doesn't necessarily fit another or feel comfortable. A guy can get a thousand different opinions on a subject like this. One has to actually pick them up for himself.
Either of them will be a good, quality piece.

Top to bottom XD40, XD-s in .45 and Hellcat 9mm

View attachment 272330
The S and Hellcat get carried.
If I can get one, hellcat is top of my list with out putting hands on them all

Vice

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
From what I gather from the original post. Your more sold on the Springfield than glock. And I’m sure you’ve already eliminated the other brands. I’d find the Springfield. Unless your married to that dealer. Or order online.
Springfield has always been a favorite of mine. I grew up not far from the factory. Now I’m not far from Sig. but the only local shop stopped selling Springfield. So glock it is if I want to support a local dealer

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm fittin to find a Heckler and Koch VP9...thats a dandy sidearm if I've ever seen/used one. Nice trigger out the box, nicely made, nice grip size for fellas who don't have monster hands. I prefer a .45, but the chunky blocky grips make it difficult for me to control them properly. The only .45 that truly cut the mustard for me is a full size 1911...

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t care for the euro mag release of some H&K but they are the best fit and finish I thought of any guns I handled and shot. I have one 1911 Kimber ultra carry 2 and it’s a sweet shooting setup. But what I carry 99% of the time is a Glock 19 gen 4.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t care for the euro mag release of some H&K but they are the best fit and finish I thought of any guns I handled and shot. I have one 1911 Kimber ultra carry 2 and it’s a sweet shooting setup. But what I carry 99% of the time is a Glock 19 gen 4.
Gen 3 G19 was my go to for years. I could plain shoot it.