High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Springfield vs Glock?

Vice

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I’ve always been a Springfield fan. I loved shooting my friends’ fathers 1911. We burned through so much of his .45 I’m not sure how he never noticed? I can’t remember a Springfield I didn’t like firing. On the other hand I’ve never really liked glocks, my friends early model(not sure which one) would jam with cheap ammo which was pretty much all we’d use. The only local dealer doesn’t sell Springfield and is pushing a glock. I’m looking for a carry .9mm

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never owned either, shoot lots of both though. I never liked glock because of the grip angle, just didn't sit well in my hands. I do have a S&W 2.0 compact and a Taurus g2s both in 9mm. No problems with either with close to 2000 rounds through both (I actually think that g2s has more now that I think about it) I like the Springfield Hellcat a friend of mine has.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can't go wrong with either, I'm a big fan of both manufacturers. Glock will be more accurate, the barrels are incredibly well made. I've shot thousands of rounds through a G17 and XD, never had a single malfunction, cheap ammo is cheap ammo, any gun can have issues with bad ammo IMHO.

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve always been a Springfield fan. I loved shooting my friends’ fathers 1911. We burned through so much of his .45 I’m not sure how he never noticed? I can’t remember a Springfield I didn’t like firing. On the other hand I’ve never really liked glocks, my friends early model(not sure which one) would jam with cheap ammo which was pretty much all we’d use. The only local dealer doesn’t sell Springfield and is pushing a glock. I’m looking for a carry .9mm
If price is a factor the springfields are
Cheaper than glocks around here.
Best get out and shop around
I was amazed at the selection now in compact and subcompact guns.
You don't have to limit yourself to certain manufacturer's anymore.
For compact pistols I have glock 23 and 30s
And smith m&p line which I prefer the handling.
I never thought the taurus line would take off and produce top tier
Pistols like they do now.
I've got over a couple 1000 through the g2 g3c and g3 and tx .22
No malfunctions
My friends bought the sig p365 10+1 sub
They really like
Hoarding drove all the prices up of course.

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
9:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Springfield for me I just cannot get around that *s-wordt trigger on a Glock single-stage all the way.
The way I see a Glock is it is a pistol made for somebody who was only safe enough to use a revolver.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Springfield for me I just cannot get around that *s-wordt trigger on a Glock single-stage all the way.
The way I see a Glock is it is a pistol made for somebody who was only safe enough to use a revolver.
All if the plastic guns have bad triggers out of the box IMHO, and I've shot a good number of them.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been rocking this for awhile now, wanted to see how it ran VS a striker fire, and it's a bit of an odd ball gun like myself lol. Took some getting used to, but have grown fond of it. Sold my G17 to my nephew. The compact Springfield XD is also my nephews, shot a lot of rounds through it, nice gun too. For EDC the G43 or the Sub Compact Springfield XD are nice choices. The 43 will likely be my next pistol.

e7e543db5c76418d2cce4e3f16a4440e.jpg
8b9723c556ccf6afa1d4fa293437b223.jpg

Last edited:

Ronaldo

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never cared for the grip angle on the Glocks. I know they are quality firearms. The Springfields certainly fit me better and are of great quality, too. Handle both if you can and see what fits you best. You will typically shoot better, the one that feels the best.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Vice

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I never cared for the grip angle on the Glocks. I know they are quality firearms. The Springfields certainly fit me better and are of great quality, too. Handle both if you can and see what fits you best. You will typically shoot better, the one that feels the best.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Ya the glocks seem to feel more blocky/industrial. But like I said I don’t have access to Springfield anymore

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The main shop in the area of 60 years is closing shop at the end of the month. So sad!
A lot of gun shops have gone by the wayside over the decades. More prevalent now since you can order online and have it shipped to a local FFL...cheaper prices, no sales tax unless purchased in your own state, and have it in your hands in 24-36 hrs for handguns, a few days for long guns.

N8TE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Either will be fine. Put em both in your hand and fire em both if possible.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm a fan of the Glocks and own several. The grip angle is built for my hand. Mine are dead nuts reliable with good ammo. My neighbor has a couple of XD's. I never cared for the feel of them but his XD triggers have a crisper break and shorter reset than my Glocks. I have a G34 long slide that has had a fair amount of trigger work but the stock XD triggers are still better.
My Glocks, except the G34, are strictly defensive weapons and for that application, they excel.
If I was only going to be punching holes in paper, I'd probably get an XD.

Last edited:

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the money the Taurus G3C is hard to beat. Taurus had a bad reputation but they have stepped up their game with the last few models.

like others have said....go play with some and buy the one that feels best in your hand.