Iodine Let’s Get to the Heart of it

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
7:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
“I’m invincible”. That’s the spirit. Well how is it that a bug that is not even 4/10,000 of a pound can take down a 240 lb man of indomitable spirit? Ask a tick.
I remember waking up on the little couch when I was six with my Mom and Dad holding me (sweating like crazy and freezing), down while they tried to dig a deer tick outta my scalp with tweezers. He must have been there awhile because I’d probably picked it up mushroom hunting with Dad and this was a couple months later. I know because later that day I had a diarrhea blowout at Summer Bible School good thing I had on the nice 1977 brown trousers let’s leave it there….
They get ya then bacteria starts reproducing I suppose forever. It helps the parasite that you probably get a booster dose 3-5+ times a year gettin’ bit again and again.
Sometimes up sometimes down hard. That’s what it is living with Lyme’s. Never had it diagnosed but you know what it is.
I always liked supplements. Mostly from curiosity, I started experimenting with Iodine. Got some Kelp pills and a bottle of droppers and started taking it. Within about five days, I thought one morning the ground felt spongey like I’d had the springs in my legs replaced by the ones I had at 17. I was just better. After a couple months a couple people a week started commenting that they thought I looked young. Then I noticed about 50 hairs growing atop my melon and a full coverage of peach fuzz. I’d one hair up there above my left eye and the rest slick on top just the halo of hair that your Jr. High principal had. Now all this hair. I want to tell you all this because it might help some guys.
It turns out among people who live away from the coast that many don’t have enough iodine. We don’t eat as much seafood and there is not as much in the soil as in coastal regions. It was in salt, that’s a double edged sword like sugar coating vitamins. There’s not much else I’ve changed. Probably energy level is about double, I don’t hurt constantly and I’ve dropped about ten pounds at the same activity level. Stayed in it this winter throwing up a 64’x96’ pole structure with 18’ sidewalls. Its a lot of calories burned climbing walls like that out in that mud and ice but I put them all back whether or not you’ve seen me eat. Four guys and a telehandler over three weeks or so. I should hurt more than I do. But I don’t. And I sleep better plus wake up with numb hands less often too.
I’m goin’ back in to putting up pole barns full time. It is something I’d not have considered the way I felt a while back. Two or three and a house or two a year was it. Now I know I can handle the work of it which is pretty brutal. Guys I could drop dead in a week but I don’t think so. Dad did the fourleg salute at 52. I’m probably gonna pass him up and keep truckin’.

Keith

944B7C88-1FCE-407C-B5B3-454FD0A8EE2C.jpeg 4909EF3D-24FB-4B1F-9679-E65BF4EE4F8F.jpeg 2B36A2E9-B0D6-4582-9EA2-0ABB305B6816.jpeg

Catman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
“I’m invincible”. That’s the spirit. Well how is it that a bug that is not even 4/10,000 of a pound can take down a 240 lb man of indomitable spirit? Ask a tick.
I remember waking up on the little couch when I was six with my Mom and Dad holding me (sweating like crazy and freezing), down while they tried to dig a deer tick outta my scalp with tweezers. He must have been there awhile because I’d probably picked it up mushroom hunting with Dad and this was a couple months later. I know because later that day I had a diarrhea blowout at Summer Bible School good thing I had on the nice 1977 brown trousers let’s leave it there….
They get ya then bacteria starts reproducing I suppose forever. It helps the parasite that you probably get a booster dose 3-5+ times a year gettin’ bit again and again.
Sometimes up sometimes down hard. That’s what it is living with Lyme’s. Never had it diagnosed but you know what it is.
I always liked supplements. Mostly from curiosity, I started experimenting with Iodine. Got some Kelp pills and a bottle of droppers and started taking it. Within about five days, I thought one morning the ground felt spongey like I’d had the springs in my legs replaced by the ones I had at 17. I was just better. After a couple months a couple people a week started commenting that they thought I looked young. Then I noticed about 50 hairs growing atop my melon and a full coverage of peach fuzz. I’d one hair up there above my left eye and the rest slick on top just the halo of hair that your Jr. High principal had. Now all this hair. I want to tell you all this because it might help some guys.
It turns out among people who live away from the coast that many don’t have enough iodine. We don’t eat as much seafood and there is not as much in the soil as in coastal regions. It was in salt, that’s a double edged sword like sugar coating vitamins. There’s not much else I’ve changed. Probably energy level is about double, I don’t hurt constantly and I’ve dropped about ten pounds at the same activity level. Stayed in it this winter throwing up a 64’x96’ pole structure with 18’ sidewalls. Its a lot of calories burned climbing walls like that out in that mud and ice but I put them all back whether or not you’ve seen me eat. Four guys and a telehandler over three weeks or so. I should hurt more than I do. But I don’t. And I sleep better plus wake up with numb hands less often too.
I’m goin’ back in to putting up pole barns full time. It is something I’d not have considered the way I felt a while back. Two or three and a house or two a year was it. Now I know I can handle the work of it which is pretty brutal. Guys I could drop dead in a week but I don’t think so. Dad did the fourleg salute at 52. I’m probably gonna pass him up and keep truckin’.

Keith

View attachment 332184 View attachment 332185 View attachment 332186
Thanks for Sharing!!

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
8:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Keith

Lookin good ape. Now if you can just remind me about putting those tomatoes up at the end of growing season, And how to do it. So I don’t forget the details

Good to see you posting buddy!

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Keith

Yea Lyme's is a nasty one I knew I had it before being diagnosed to so many side affects people don’t even realize, had a bout of it never felt that bad in my life , luckily antibiotics took a few days to get ahold of it , there terrible right now seems spring brings out the worst of them

Int1968

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
*s-wordty go, in Ontario Canada the university of Guelph is finally starting a Lyme disease project. It’s been a big battle north of the border with the government and health care

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thx 1968 International. I myself am a 1970 Loco. Motive.

Any way those pussies don‘t work hard enough for me so I’ll just stick to building Amish furniture with Clarence thru the week and raising 200 Duroc-Hampshire hogs and 4600 chickens on weekends.

76962FBF-E195-49A9-BB2F-984F44AFDF14.jpeg F2E83402-CA2F-483A-9B03-7457042BEF2A.jpeg 7F3FDD10-C310-4C07-8A0A-9E1ED31E7CEF.jpeg B2831A6F-BBA6-404B-95CF-CFE6C2017B12.jpeg