So what's your "real" job?

mcginkleschmidt

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One time I applied for a job at the local Hospital in the Circumcision ward, They told me the pay was 50 skins a week and a chance to get ahead. at the time I thought that was good until I found out what the pay really was.

You can also get a lot of tips in some of the better hospital circumcision wards.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some funny stories, and if you met this guy he is so quite & friendly you would never expect this, but: He worked for the Town (in Westchester) doing plowing, etc, and some lady that always was complaining somehow got her driveway plowed in so badly she had to call the Town and beg them to plow her out, which they eventually did. His Boss told him "good job you did there son".

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another time, the same guy, was part of a group of friends that were putting a new roof on one of their homes. They scheduled it on a WE when the guys wife was supposed to be away. Well, the homeowner goes to the store to get supplies, and the wife unexpectedly comes home early. She demands "what is going on here". At first, my friend tries to calm her down and says "don't worry, we know what we are doing". She responds "are you sure?"

So he tells her "Don't worry, they had an article in Popular Mechanics this month on how to take a roof off of a house, so we know how to do it, and next month they are going to have an article on how to put a new roof on a house, so then we will know how to do that".

She walked away crying and screaming!

jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Started out wrenching on cars for 5 years. Then moved over to the automotive and diesel machine shop world for 10 or so years. Currently a diesel engine mechanic at an International dealership for the past 6 years.

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
me and old man bought this non running a few years ago rebuilding the injector pump and replacing the injectors got it running good.

I had no complaint as to how mine ran, but I had multiple hydraulic issues with it. Also, for a 100 horsepower tractor you would think they would give it more than a 3 speed transmission. Heck, my 35 HP Oliver Super 55's and 550's had 6 forward and 2 reverse gears and my Oliver 1650 with Over/Under had 18 forward speeds.

I sold the 1105 with a 2512 Bushhog cutter and lost $9,000 on the deal.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
wish i was rich and had new equipment lol

Wish I was rich and had your equipment!

Was at a 15 acre "hobby farm" owned by my Daughter's Husband's Uncle on Father's Day. He has a collection of Tractors (various makes & sizes) and tons of attachments. Was really cool to see.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
4:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Wish I was rich and had your equipment!

Was at a 15 acre "hobby farm" owned by my Daughter's Husband's Uncle on Father's Day. He has a collection of Tractors (various makes & sizes) and tons of attachments. Was really cool to see.
poor with many bills the tractor cost 3 non running and after 2500+ in parts it was usable.

johnny5ny

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The one I'm most proud of, and thankful for, is father to 4 of the most amazing little human beings imaginable :)
The one that pays the bills "allows" me to mess with some seriously scary chemicals like WF6 (Tungsten hexafluoride) and CLF3 (Chlorine trifluoride).
I'm an engineer in the semiconductor industry.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
01-oh-no-you-didnt-emu.jpg

Hey........I think my legs are perfect.