High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So what's the current two stroke oil favorite?

Skiptooth Fred

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i asked fot autotune husqvarna, not stihl
? Are you referring to fuel mix for these? Husky manual on 592xp says run saws over 75cc or for commercial use at 33:1
What denotes commercial i have no idea as saws run, well i do run them, flat out regardless of situation as thats what they are designed to do, in the short if it. Also had 32:1 in another 592 husky spec. Anyway just wanted to ask, thought this may help as many dealerships here will tell customers 50:1 and yet the manual to for eg a 592 states 33:1

Motorka

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I asked for husqvarna autotune engines. What is motul recommendation 700 or 800 . Replay was 800 off road. Ratio? i use 40:1 in all 2 stroke engines. 800 it s cheaper than husqvarna xp.
Don t own any stihl.

Motorka

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
? Are you referring to fuel mix for these? Husky manual on 592xp says run saws over 75cc or for commercial use at 33:1
What denotes commercial i have no idea as saws run, well i do run them, flat out regardless of situation as thats what they are designed to do, in the short if it. Also had 32:1 in another 592 husky spec. Anyway just wanted to ask, thought this may help as many dealerships here will tell customers 50:1 and yet the manual to for eg a 592 states 33:1
my biggest saw is 70 ccm autotune

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
8:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
about strato engines is spot on too. Far less mix is directed thru the crankcase...which means less oil.
I'm having a time trying to contemplate this one. In my thinking nothing but mix goes through the crankcase and nothing but air goes through the stratos... no? Unless of course the stratos were "dirtied up", or you really meant automatic tuning that doesn't allow running at a richer mixture?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm having a time trying to contemplate this one. In my thinking nothing but mix goes through the crankcase and nothing but air goes through the stratos... no? Unless of course the stratos were "dirtied up", or you really meant automatic tuning that doesn't allow running at a richer mixture?
Conventionally ported engines use mixed "air" to purge the exhaust. That means more hydrocarbons in the exhaust stream. It also means a higher total volume of mixed "air" travels through the crankcase even though quite a lot of it is "wasted". The stratified engines purge the exhaust with fresh air. That means whatever percentage of mixed "air" that was used for that purpose is now not traveling through the crankcase. Less mix equals less oil.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Conventionally ported engines use mixed "air" to purge the exhaust. That means more hydrocarbons in the exhaust stream. It also means a higher total volume of mixed "air" travels through the crankcase even though quite a lot of it is "wasted". The stratified engines purge the exhaust with fresh air. That means whatever percentage of mixed "air" that was used for that purpose is now not traveling through the crankcase. Less mix equals less oil.
I see, less waste less oil. :(

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
💡 came on the second reading. :)

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
do you guys that port a lot of saws or run saw shops see more failures on the bottom half of the engines that are strato saws

Partner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
do you guys that port a lot of saws or run saw shops see more failures on the bottom half of the engines that are strato saws
I had a failure on the piston, it was not seized, but you can see abrasions on the entire surface that is in contact with the cylinder bore. I had a photo somewhere

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a failure on the piston, it was not seized, but you can see abrasions on the entire surface that is in contact with the cylinder bore. I had a photo somewhere
what was your mix ratio?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In layman’s terms, if stratos are 30% more efficient, they’re getting the same work done on 30% less fuel and oil. 50:1 in a strato is more like 70:1 to the engine
I either misconstrued or misunderstood what Randy said about what you said(which I didn't even catch that part) as to a "where" fuel/oil was going rather than a how much or volumetric equation from increased efficiency. Which makes perfect sense after he splained it to me.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't do that many rebuilds or repairs compared to most saw shops. But, I rarely see bottom end failures in either.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
9:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s a main failure in a 5 series husky running mediocre oil at 50:1. Along with some fuel/carb issues.

And a rare failure on older pre-strato saws