High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So what's the current two stroke oil favorite?

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
9:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No trouble when I switched fleet back to husqvarna low smoke. (Cheap stuff) not the xp synthetic. I’d use the xp. Don’t like stihl ultra either. Bout all I’ve got on my no list
I believed the Low Smoke is synthetic blend? Not bad stuff. Ive used a few of the small bottles.

pwheel

Finis Origine Pendet
Local time
10:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since so many people run different oil and mixes with good results...
Stock ms260, 440(x2), 460, 461: Ultra HP 50:1, 91 octane E10 gas - no top or bottom end failures over 12 years. Tuned to clean up in the cut. Not saying that Ultra is the best oil, just that I haven't had problems with it.

Last edited:

North by Northwest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stock ms260, 440(x2), 460, 461: Ultra 50:1, 91 octane E10 gas - no top or bottom end failures over 12 years. Tuned to clean up in the cut. Not saying that Ultra is the best oil, just that I haven't had problems with it.
In Northern Ontario we have Stihl Ultra HP currently , I believe it has been relabelled . I remember when there was "Ultra" it was designed for Stihl's 4 mix trimmers & blowers . It was terrible within chainsaw usage . Lots of deposits & spoonge within the exhaust . I have always used premium oils . Shell 2T for yrs at 32:1 then Castrol @ 40:1 . Today Saber @ 50:1 on all homeowner saws . Interceptor , Dominator & most recently Red Armor for a trial . I run 44:1 on all my professional saws , except 32:1 on my MS 660 milling unit . I have a question , in the US or UK does Stihl produce regular Ultra & Ultra HP as two distinct & separate oil products ?

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In Northern Ontario we have Stihl Ultra HP currently , I believe it has been relabelled . I remember when there was "Ultra" it was designed for Stihl's 4 mix trimmers & blowers . It was terrible within chainsaw usage . Lots of deposits & spoonge within the exhaust . I have always used premium oils . Shell 2T for yrs at 32:1 then Castrol @ 40:1 . Today Saber @ 50:1 on all homeowner saws . Interceptor , Dominator & most recently Red Armor for a trial . I run 44:1 on all my professional saws , except 32:1 on my MS 660 milling unit . I have a question , in the US or UK does Stihl produce regular Ultra & Ultra HP as two distinct & separate oil products ?
When I was managing a Stihl Dealer in SE MN, we could only order the orange bottle standard oil, or the silver bottle Ultra oil. They did not offer a 3rd option for us.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Doesn’t Castrol make Stihl oil? https://comparemotoroils.com/who-makes-stihl-2-cycle-oil/

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thought you might have some insight Kevin , on the Ultra vs Ultra HP scenario brother ?
I always thought ultra and ultra HP were the same oil, just referred to differently. The standard HP we call orange bottle, Ultra (HP Ultra) is the gray bottle, and Super (HP Super) was the FD rated oil in the white bottle that we don’t have in the states. I’ve seen (on OPE) Canadian bottles of HP ultra where it said made by Castrol and I’ve seen American made bottles of HP ultra that were made by Omni

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
. Aka, ultrashit oil….leaves *s-word everywhere on the piston crown, combustion chamber, and the exhaust port.
Or at least it has an extremely high likelihood of it. I think a lot of it has to do with the gas used. I’ve seen some motors run on ultra that were relatively clean and some where it was flaking off thick carbon from the top of the piston. It definitely has the potential to build carbon where others have more ability to keep it clean

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Or at least it has an extremely high likelihood of it. I think a lot of it has to do with the gas used. I’ve seen some motors run on ultra that were relatively clean and some where it was flaking off thick carbon from the top of the piston. It definitely has the potential to build carbon where others have more ability to keep it clean
Good disclaimer on the fuel part of it.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
while i was fired from my current job at the railroad, i went to work with my friend that has a garden rose consulting business. He takes care of private rose gardens. anyhow he always buys that silver bottle ultra for his machines. he bought a new stihl backpack power sprayer for me to use. that oil is the messyest smellyest oil i have ever used in any power equipment. it was always making a friggin mess in my truck from that crap running out the exhaust of that sprayer. i thought they just had it set rich for breakin but nope. i ran some in one of my saws to see if it was just something with that sprayer but it wasnt. i guess it oils well but for how long before everything was so gooey that it wouldnt run right was only a matter of time. i just figured it is stihls newest way of creating a needed service on whatever machine it was in. wow that was a long post to say that oil is junk.... lol

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I always thought ultra and ultra HP were the same oil, just referred to differently. The standard HP we call orange bottle, Ultra (HP Ultra) is the gray bottle, and Super (HP Super) was the FD rated oil in the white bottle that we don’t have in the states. I’ve seen (on OPE) Canadian bottles of HP ultra where it said made by Castrol and I’ve seen American made bottles of HP ultra that were made by Omni
They did once upon a time sell the semi synthetic white bottle in the states but haven’t for quite some time and as far as I know it still was an opti blend oil like all the stuff Stihl sells state side.

Bjorn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I usually run 32:1 But I might try your suggestion.