High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So what's the current two stroke oil favorite?

jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From what I've seen and heard it's trash no matter what part of the world it's made in.

Agreed

I think ultra is ultra. It’s the HP Super that’s FD rated and available in most other countries and is probably a decent oil

That's what I was thinking of. Duh:confused:

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
10:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This what Ultra looks like at 45:1 e-10 after a few years of usage in a 55. Prior to that I ran XP oil in it. 7F2D5DCC-D761-4DA8-BFF0-B70662110554.jpeg337B5195-6849-4724-B13D-2474B637C29B.jpeg

Broken

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dominator is for both, air or liquid, high rpm performance engines. So, Amsoil says.
Dominator was originally designed for MX & Snowmobile extreme service applications . Interceptor was designed for recreational use by the Manufacturer . It all about the heat , & proper tuning to the engine application . I have buddies that use Dominator in Hot saws exclusively , where previously they used Benol with decarbonizing rituals !

Last edited:

Broken

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run Amsoil Dominator and Saber both at 32:1 for the peace of my mind.
It seems the Dom runs a bit cleaner at this ratio. Yes, they lub the bottom real good.
Yeah that way to rich a ratio for the Saber , you must have the tune at the ragged edge . 32:1 with the Dominator is viable with proper tuning in Performance Engines. I use Saber on all my recreational units , blowers , trimmers & saws @ 50:1 awesome oil ! P.S. Actually run it in my Polaris 850 RMK @ 100:1 as a Premix as a insurance policy !

Broken

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"Ultra" designed for 4Mix use by Stihl is terrible in saws , filthy ! The Ultra HP (Super) is a viable FD JASO rated oil , however not in the Class of Dominator or Red Armor or Motul T or even Interceptor . Actually i would run Saber at 70: 1 or Shell 2T @ 40:1 before I would run Ultra at any ratio lol. P.S. Just finished some extensive testing of Dominator & Interceptor my previous go to performance oil . Dominator has nudged it out in all performance saw applications , very clean when you wick up the rpm & heat accordingly in the cut ! Actually it was recommended to me to trial , from a very fine saw porter from East Jordon thanks Kevin you were right Sir !

Last edited:

Broken

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Plus read armor helps fight carbon buildup
Both ester based oils & additives really help maintain engine cleanlyness ! Although hydroscopic in nature ester based synthetic oils with corrosion inhibitors fit the bill as a high performance oil .

Last edited:

Vintage Engine Repairs

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone run Maxima Castor 927?
I’m so far in the rabbit hole of digging around on oil at the moment and all the comments I have read on it is how amazing it smells, and that castor bean oil excels with heat that it actually improves lubricity. Very popular in high loaded 2strokes?
I brought 500mls to see if the smell takes me back to my days of racing and if it is as good as they say it is!

8F7980A7-2B3F-494B-A7FB-E84F4A9F603C.jpeg

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
10:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Honestly, I ran gray bottle Ultra for quite a few years in my own saws before, when I was at a Stihl dealership and not using my saws professionally. Mixed at 50:1 like they suggest, it worked. That being said, there was quite a but of carbon build up on the piston tops of my saws.. Fast forward about 6 years and now that I’m logging, I bought Schaeffer’s 7000 TC-W3 by the gallon and saved a lot of $$. Now I switched to Amsoil. There are so many variables, that you could read for days and the information may not apply to your usage.. Or it might! :D