wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is another one of their products

I dunno about this one, seems pointless on many levels.
I guess maybe if you're sharpening for hours on end...

The down stroke is triggered by the clamping pedal I'd assume?

Looks like a good way to burn up longer cutters if you're not careful setting it up or conversely having to go through the whole chain twice to hit the short ones.

It is "ergonomical" though... lol...

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dunno about this one, seems pointless on many levels.
I guess maybe if you're sharpening for hours on end...

The down stroke is triggered by the clamping pedal I'd assume?

Looks like a good way to burn up longer cutters if you're not careful setting it up or conversely having to go through the whole chain twice to hit the short ones.

It is "ergonomical" though... lol...

It’s an adjustable speed motor that is from a three position switch, the main reason for it is for consistent cutters for a harvester really both of these grinders are. When they walked me through the setup last year you unhook the grinder motor head and setup just like you would manually then rehook up the head.

The Oregon 610 or Super Jolly don’t use a foot pedal for the vise it’s hydraulic as the head comes down it clamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s an adjustable speed motor that is from a three position switch, the main reason for it is for consistent cutters for a harvester really both of these grinders are. When they walked me through the setup last year you unhook the grinder motor head and setup just like you would manually then rehook up the head.

The Oregon 610 or Super Jolly don’t use a foot pedal for the vise it’s hydraulic as the head comes down it clamps.

Sounds like the actuator rod must be a spring piston type deal run around on a cog at the end of a geared dc motor.

So then if the chain gets hung up (or the operator spaces out for a second) while moving between teeth, the grinder just comes down on whatever random spot it lands on regardless?
I guess it would be a good habit to run the chain around once before grinding so to avoid running into a burred out driver, sticky link or whatever...

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like the actuator rod must be a spring piston type deal run around on a cog at the end of a geared dc motor.

So then if the chain gets hung up (or the operator spaces out for a second) while moving between teeth, the grinder just comes down on whatever random spot it lands on regardless?
I guess it would be a good habit to run the chain around once before grinding so to avoid running into a burred out driver, sticky link or whatever...

When doing harvester chains you run them around at least once anyways because bent drivers aren’t uncommon. Burred drivers I don’t see a whole bunch as long as the chain catcher spool is in good shape.

The biggest problem I can think of is over shooting a tooth which on 404 especially 19hx is pretty easy to do and you can’t back it up without lifting the pawl slightly. Typically harvester process for most of us running 15 chains a week sometimes more:
Clean
Inspect
Repair
Grind
Clean
Oil
The chains that are run on these machines especially 404 are what we call one fix and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_3691.JPG fullsizeoutput_a8.jpeg

Squared up this Raisman .325x.050 It has several tanks on it, in oak and hard maple. Noodle cut before picture really buffed it out! It's on a 16' bar cutting 8-11' wood except for some noodling cuts. I'm tickled with the way it has held up with such knife edge angles.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 232743 View attachment 232742

Squared up this Raisman .325x.050 It has several tanks on it, in oak and hard maple. Noodle cut before picture really buffed it out! It's on a 16' bar cutting 8-11' wood except for some noodling cuts. I'm tickled with the way it has held up with such knife edge angles.

You fellers make me wish I had time to play with my Simington.