Sierra_rider

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What is the benefit of the 660 piston?

It's a longer piston, but the same bore diameter. It facilitates being able to do machine work to the cylinder without increasing intake duration. Gives you room to also make a pop up, or in the case of my version 2 piston, a domed top. It's labor intensive to do though, requires a lot of work on the piston, cutting the squish band for the taller piston, and some work on the cases.

I dunno if it's totally worth the effort involved, but hopefully with some tweaks I'll get it there. Version 1 actually ran really well. It felt like it made some gains across the board, but not as much as I was originally hoping for. Another thing with the 500i, I'm not sure that increased intake duration is a bad thing. I might be trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.:nusenuse: I need another cylinder just to be able to compare the hybrid versus a ported oem piston.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
4:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
heart-eyes-jerry.gif

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
3:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
https://youtube.com/shorts/ix-7VXV-zQU?feature=share Made some transfer tweaks to my 371 husky since I got my contra angle hand piece from lucky dog manufacturing. All I can say for sure is my saws have gained power since I’ve gotten it. I didn’t take any pictures because I’d have people tell me I did it wrong. That’s just out da box chain and 8 pin

Shibby

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Complete rebuild of a Dolmar 7300. Kind of a long video since it's a full tear down/rebuild.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
3:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
https://youtube.com/shorts/5ZkVDk5A5J4?feature=share Here’s another vid of the 371 in bigger wood but it’s pine 20” 8t. Was a fairly decent chain So I didn’t want to wreck it. I’ll swap to an older chain and run a longer bar in some oak and see what it does. The only oak I have to cut wrecks every chain I put in it lol. Numbers on this saw are 98/120/81 if anyone was wondering. It’s more of a play saw for me since I have plenty of bigger and smaller work horses.

Sierra_rider

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Recent 461 I built. I'm running pretty conservative numbers on it, my intent was a torquey work saw and I think I nailed it. Mostly machine work and modding the upper transfers.

The owner also has a new 500i, so my goal was to make him want to run this saw rather than his 500i. I think this should be the trick, this saw might even benefit from an 8 pin sprocket.