8:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just some friendly feedback...
It was a little hard to follow.
2700 & 3000 series dont mingle.
2800 & 3000 series do tho.

Anyone that has seen you two guys posts know your the real deal & MUCHO respect from me, but it was a little discombobulated (that's actually a word in the dictionary lol).

You guys did a awesome job & I hope to see more in the future!

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
9:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just some friendly feedback...
It was a little hard to follow.

Anyone that has seen you two guys posts know your the real deal & MUCHO respect from me, but it was a little discombobulated (that's actually a word in the dictionary lol).

You guys did a awesome job & I hope to see more in the future!

Thanks for the feedback, but aleast with my build it was "discombobulated " .
With this being 2 different ways to build on the same platform without any experience to draw off of the process is messy.
I'm not proposing that myself or Ronie are innovators of anything but new ideas that others copy dont start out concise.

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
May have had better "flow" if one had posted his build then the other.
You posting then Ronie posting then you posting right after kinda confused me a little.

Jethro 2t sniffer

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What a great thread guys. Be cool if Todd was on to show his masterpieces.

Now the hunt for these Poulans:)

See alot of the plastic clam style but very few of these around. Perhaps they were just to close in price to a "better" saw. I'm too young to really know why. Lots and lots of 3400s are around

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm going to add another Poulan Hybrid I just started on, It's a 330 and has a little bit wider case the the ones we posted. I think it's the Poulan Pro version of the 3450 but I could be wrong.

Fist thing I had to do was fix a bad oil leak, after that I ran it on the dyno.

KIMG3685.JPG KIMG3687.JPG KIMG3688.JPGScreenshot from 2023-01-03 19-20-08.png

Last edited:

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This one I'm going to try and get a 52mm AM MS381 cylinder to work that HL Supply had on sale for $5 each. So far I've filed out the cylinder bolt holes, put 5mm inserts in the case to give me a little wiggle room with the cylinder and trimmed up the flywheel.

KIMG3704.JPG KIMG3706.JPG KIMG3707.JPG KIMG3708.JPG

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ordered a couple of 52mm 044 big bore pistons with 10mm pins and I should get them tomorrow, I'm not sure if they will work with the 381 cylinder and if not I'll have to make some bushings.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My piston came today and I think these will work. I'll have to make some spacers foe the pin but that shouldn't be to hard.
So now I'll get the case cleaned up and get busy.

044 52mm piston with a 10mm pin.

KIMG3709.JPG KIMG3710.JPG KIMG3711.JPG KIMG3712.JPG

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awesome, informative builds guys. Way to come out of the box and do something out of the ordinary. The 3300 was a strong runner in stock form for sure. I've got several in stock form and can't bring myself to do this yet. But there are a ton of em out there with scored P&C's no doubt. My question to the both of you is what you used for an air filter arrangement? The OEM filters have been long gone for awhile. And it looks as if you used the original mounting and cover assembly. I see no pics and no this isn't a pricky air filter question either LOL. With the time spent on these builds is it a feasible build for a customer? Or would the cost overcome a standard port/finger port on a 3300? Future possible customer for either of yinz guys wants to know. Thx. timg

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awesome, informative builds guys. Way to come out of the box and do something out of the ordinary. The 3300 was a strong runner in stock form for sure. I've got several in stock form and can't bring myself to do this yet. But there are a ton of em out there with scored P&C's no doubt. My question to the both of you is what you used for an air filter arrangement? The OEM filters have been long gone for awhile. And it looks as if you used the original mounting and cover assembly. I see no pics and no this isn't a pricky air filter question either LOL. With the time spent on these builds is it a feasible build for a customer? Or would the cost overcome a standard port/finger port on a 3300? Future possible customer for either of yinz guys wants to know. Thx. timg
I used the original filters. On one of the saws the filter was in good shape and on the other one the backside felt was in bad shape so I cut it out and glued in some 200 stainless mesh, (74 micron). I personally wouldn't want to do one for someone but @Maintenance Chief might. I have no idea what it would cost to have someone do one, the parts to do it are cheap and they are fairly easy.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My question to the both of you is what you used for an air filter arrangement? The OEM filters have been long gone for awhile. And it looks as if you used the original mounting and cover assembly.
Filter pics

KIMG3714.JPG KIMG3715.JPG

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
.070 off the base gave it a squish of .020. Tomorrow I'll get it timed and figure out how I'm going to port it.

Bolted down with trimmed up washers to help spread the load out.

KIMG3717.JPG KIMG3718.JPG

Maintenance Chief

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used the original filter for my saw it was in excellent condition.
Although the filter stock has dried up for alot of old saws there's fixes like the fine mesh and uni-filter foam material.

Maintenance Chief

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I don't have customers, but I do have friends I fix saws for.
My suggestion is to not bill work for any saw unless you have all the parts on hand .