High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Porting, You get what you pay for

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
12:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I bought a new 460 in 08 and ported it,runs great still but I put rings in it a while back and was shocked what it looked like. Lol
So I cleaned everything up pretty and it runs exactly the same but I'm glad it didn't get opened up on here. Yikes

Rains

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
is the owner of the saw on this forum ?? I would like to hear from the saw owner myself, Ford you going to send the saw over to be made right by WWS ?? I think WWS made a pretty good reply. before this gets to page 50 maybe owner and builder need to have better Communcations.

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Admittedly, I was entitled to no explanation, however, with Terry having offered the above, I am more than satisfied that if the saw's owner cannot be made happy, it pretty much is the fault of the owner at this point.

Like I think Hedgerow said, if Terry was going to stand behind it, which he stated he would, I would have run the hell out of that piston and cylinder.

Good for you Terry, you have my respect, and if needed, my apology, if anything I said was unwarranted. I would hope anyone working on anything I own would offer the effort I quoted from you above.

Ford, you did a good thing too if it has brought the issue to light where it apparently was not and Terry now has the chance to make it right and the owner will hopefully have the saw he wanted. I'd box it up and send it on, you've done all you needed to, repair shouldn't come out of your pocket, nor does it sound like it needs to.
Terry sold another turkey to a guy on AS from France if memory serves. Buyer beware.

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There is quite clearly two sides to this story. The builder claims he sold a "modified" saw to his customer, not ported. The OP is clearly doing the right thing by trying to help out the owner as well. The builder also states he has done everything he can to help out the customer. It would be hard for the builder to do anymore to help out the customer, if he did not know there was another problem with the saw. Especially when it appears the saw owner has changed his story about the saw more than once. And then there are the usual guys, who don't have a dog in the fight, pouring gas on the fire. There are now three people involved, and a thread that really has not solved anything. Hopefully now since the builder actually knows there is still a problem with the saw, it will get fixed. In the end, so long as the builder does right by the customer, that's all that really matters.
No matter what kind of work was sold the machining of the base is crude.

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Terry has sold hundreds of saws all over the place.
And some are even repeat customers.
That really doesn't mean much. Back in the day Dozer Dud and Copsey ported alot of saws too and sold alot of duds...

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
is the owner of the saw on this forum ?? I would like to hear from the saw owner myself, Ford you going to send the saw over to be made right by WWS ?? I think WWS made a pretty good reply. before this gets to page 50 maybe owner and builder need to have better Communcations.

he isnt a member here but is over on AS. saw is already back together with cylinder that was on it. Tomorrow i have to test run it and work out any electrical issues that are still present in the module/carb. if that all goes well and doesnt lead to it needing more parts i will be installing a new cylinder when it shows up from my distributor.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
he isnt a member here but is over on AS. saw is already back together with cylinder that was on it. Tomorrow i have to test run it and work out any electrical issues that are still present in the module/carb. if that all goes well and doesnt lead to it needing more parts i will be installing a new cylinder when it shows up from my distributor.
Let us know how it runs..
We need to know if it's a dud.
Maybe see if it can muster enough poo to outrun a stock one.