Who did that one?

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
1:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Exactly...
Same in the world of fast chains. I've seen some that had to have had 10-12 hours of work on em. Beautiful.

Slow as hell..

Then some look like a 9 year old took to em with a file for a half hour that cut fast.

Give me the fast one....

Thats why I dont get excited when folks post a chain for us to look at, I could give a squat how pretty and shiny it looks. Many pretty looking turds out there. But they sure look good in a pic posted. :p

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
12:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Intuitively you might think this would be helpful. However, flow through a duct is never on the surfaces of the duct, it's always through the center. I deal with this all the time at work.
Further, getting more out of a two cycle is seldom about bulk flow. More often it's about timing the multiple events that take place in a two cycle in the correct manner.
I agree. When I first started porting the grinding itself was fun and gets carried away if one doesnt contain themselves. Realizing the factory engineers arent dummies and myself realizing that sometimes less is more lead to better ported saws for me

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats why I dont get excited when folks post a chain for us to look at, I could give a squat how pretty and shiny it looks. Many pretty looking turds out there. But they sure look good in a pic posted. :p
Exactly..
I can, however appreciate the work that went into all the fancy ones.

Gravitas

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I warrantied a saw at no cost other than shipping
I modified the saw for the agreed cost
once I found out from the guy that started this thread there was a problem with the saw I told him to send it to me id repair it at my cost.
once the owner finally sent me a pm saying he wasn't happy and the saw had more problems I told him to return it for repair at my cost.
I also told him id replace the saw if it got to that point at my cost.

Admittedly, I was entitled to no explanation, however, with Terry having offered the above, I am more than satisfied that if the saw's owner cannot be made happy, it pretty much is the fault of the owner at this point.

Like I think Hedgerow said, if Terry was going to stand behind it, which he stated he would, I would have run the hell out of that piston and cylinder.

Good for you Terry, you have my respect, and if needed, my apology, if anything I said was unwarranted. I would hope anyone working on anything I own would offer the effort I quoted from you above.

Ford, you did a good thing too if it has brought the issue to light where it apparently was not and Terry now has the chance to make it right and the owner will hopefully have the saw he wanted. I'd box it up and send it on, you've done all you needed to, repair shouldn't come out of your pocket, nor does it sound like it needs to.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who is Mmforestry (I think) and what was meant by the post you deleted?

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What if you modify a new saw and do everthing 100%, not a spec of dirt or metal. Then the rod bearing or something else takes a crap because it was defective and the saw had no run time prior to moding. I do not think the moder automatically assumes responsibility. Different story if the moder screwed up. I hope that clears up my opion.

I agree

I'm gonna be gone for a few hours.

Please.......treat each other with respect.

It costs nothing, and elevates the man.

the cat's away so us mice can play:aaaaa:

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
original post dead on and interesting, even phrased as to be informative and not accusatorty
jenjax and duane PA why do you have to make work for randy and bruce?
you see the name of a business at the top of the page right?
do you even understand decorum and public behavior?
if you idiots want to hide in your snow forts and throw *s-word bombs at the innocent get your own fuvkin domain
dumbfuksthrowinshiit.com is still available
eatmyass
Dave

So hawt right now.

teutonic plate shifting aside, if the builder is a member here that changes things completely for me

Flipflopper.

Neither or both..
It's Terry's recipe for the 562.
And it's a fast bastard.

Look, I don't ask how the sausage is made..
Don't care..
Just as long as it's good sausage.

You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?

skippy

Husqvarnas Sawyer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine was a turd but I'm working on fixing that !

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So hawt right now.

Flipflopper.

You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?
TOMMY boy wanna be

petedaycab

let's roll some coal...............
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There is quite clearly two sides to this story. The builder claims he sold a "modified" saw to his customer, not ported. The OP is clearly doing the right thing by trying to help out the owner as well. The builder also states he has done everything he can to help out the customer. It would be hard for the builder to do anymore to help out the customer, if he did not know there was another problem with the saw. Especially when it appears the saw owner has changed his story about the saw more than once. And then there are the usual guys, who don't have a dog in the fight, pouring gas on the fire. There are now three people involved, and a thread that really has not solved anything. Hopefully now since the builder actually knows there is still a problem with the saw, it will get fixed. In the end, so long as the builder does right by the customer, that's all that really matters.