huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
7:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So this is what the port looks like relative to the ring. Kinda seems like the nub could go, right?
Seems like it. Looks like there's room to go wider also if your pencil mark is accurate and if the saw likes it

Fairways_and_Greens

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I left a little nub and tried to square the corners more. I took a little off the sides. @mdavlee, the port does open all the way. This was so much harder than the exhaust because of the strato. I'm not super happy with it. I would have done things different if I had a second shot at it. I had a really hard time getting the picture to show up right. The nub edge is sharper than the other so it doesn't show right.

It's back together and runs pretty decent. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the flywheel off. It's STUBBORN!

Thanks for looking over my shoulder guys! Badass community here.
IMG_0211.jpg

Wisconsin Welder

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Why do some intakes have these flat spots? This is an 026 cylinder, it has this feature on one side and the bottom, my 044 has it on the bottom. Is this a velocity and direction thing? I figured if it were a volume thing the hole would still be round but smaller.

I have seen pictures of you guys grinding the cylinder end of the intake but haven't found any of what is normally done (or not) to this end.
I have to double check but if I remember right the Still intake boots are shaped like this too.IMG_2566.jpeg

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why do some intakes have these flat spots? This is an 026 cylinder, it has this feature on one side and the bottom, my 044 has it on the bottom. Is this a velocity and direction thing? I figured if it were a volume thing the hole would still be round but smaller.

I have seen pictures of you guys grinding the cylinder end of the intake but haven't found any of what is normally done (or not) to this end.
I have to double check but if I remember right the Still intake boots are shaped like this too.View attachment 168669

It has to do with the carb being offset from the center of the jug....

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
7:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It has to do with the carb being offset from the center of the jug....

I noticed the 372 and 390 exhaust are offset too Randy, same reason or were they after something different?