WANTED my money back

Trader history (0)

SteveSS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
from now on I'll be paying the extra 3% on paypal so at least there'll be comeback if something goes awry

That 3% fee has saved my bacon a time or two in paypal transactions. Three cents on the dollar is pretty cheap insurance in the long run. I don't do friends and family.

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
5:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
People like that shouldn't be selling stuff. Had a few people on the truck forums I'm on that are like that. All they have is excuses. I've found that if I'm selling parts it's best to stay in constant contact with the person buying the parts. Just helps to let them know you care and keeps them informed of what the heck is going on.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
People like that shouldn't be selling stuff. Had a few people on the truck forums I'm on that are like that. All they have is excuses. I've found that if I'm selling parts it's best to stay in constant contact with the person buying the parts. Just helps to let them know you care and keeps them informed of what the heck is going on.

Very much agree with the above!!!

ALWAYS keep communication lines open! I have bought and sold a little on other forums as well as AS. Haven't yet here, but that will change when the opportunity/need arises...

There has been a time or two when I wasn't able to ship something the day I had planned to due to circumstances like work and whatnot... Difference is, I always communicated that immediately and sent tracking as soon as I got home from sending the item on it's way the next day. At no point did a problem ever arise from one of those situations because A: The buyer was gracious and understanding because B: I informed the buyer of the delay and the reason for it right up front and made good on it the very next day.

I always ask to be informed when the item arrives and make sure the buyer is satisfied that the item arrived undamaged and as advertised.

It's all just common sense, golden rule stuff here gents.

treesmith

Tree Hugger/Cutterer
Local time
10:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hmm. I bought two wrap handles from him, and both showed up without incident. He gave me a good price, too.

Okay, Clint, you've twisted my arm, I'll give you $75 shipped to Oz

[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There was a seller awhile back selling these on my site. 5 sets used 3/4 wrap handlebars fit 044/440,046/460 $75 a set shipped to US.
All his sells went good on my site that I know of.

Then later 4 sets used 3/4 wrap handlebars fit 044/440,046/460 $60a set shipped

Wonder if same seller? I have email, different username and IP's. From Nor Cal.

One of many pics, hope grabbed right one. Nope was 2 562 3/4. Try this one.

3819179ca43807377ee18c89290d3636.jpg
61d4b1afb48c62209328a2eba21e9e88.jpg

Last edited:

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last time I tried to buy one he had sold them all. I went to his house and he had probably 8 or 9 of the 044, and I also got a 562 handle from him for $50 each. When I asked him last time they were all gone.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Last time I tried to buy one he had sold them all. I went to his house and he had probably 8 or 9 of the 044, and I also got a 562 handle from him for $50 each. When I asked him last time they were all gone.

So does this mean it was the same seller they were talking about taken advantage of the guy in Oz? Guy that sells on my site from time to time is this guy using different username here?

Thats what I am trying to figure out.

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So does this mean it was the same seller they were talking about taken advantage of the guy in Oz? Guy that sells on my site from time to time is this guy using different username here?

Thats what I am trying to figure out.
No. I bought two handles from Phil (stihls066), and I bought two handles from the other guy. As far as I know, stihls066 has sold all the 044 handles that he had.

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm confusing myself here. :hollering:

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have met Stihls066 several times. I've been to his house. I've bought and traded parts and saws from/with him. He is definitely not the person who ripped off the OP.

treesmith

Tree Hugger/Cutterer
Local time
10:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I've had mail from people that this one, Erik Siegel from NM, has had one or two mishaps when selling parts and issuing refunds on AS

Last edited:

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had mail from people that this one, Erik Siegel from NM, has had one or two mishaps when selling parts and issuing refunds on AS

I appreciate your initiative to bring this to light, for the benefit of us all. Had the other 2 mentioned something earlier, maybe your experience could have been avoided. Bad sellers/members need to be weeded out.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
7:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Regarding the banning of a couple of guys over the last few days. I try to be very approachable for our members. I want people to feel comfortable in coming to me with concerns, or complaints.

This guy Erik......he acted like Andy was at fault for even bringing this up. He acted like he had done nothing at all wrong......and he had a smart ass attitude.

I wasted no time in pulling his plug.

I banned SquareFile last night. I've gotten a lot of complaints about his posts. Chiefly, his smug attitude.

I contacted him more than once over the last couple of months to try to work something out with him, but he had no intention of being a contributing member of this site.

Rather than dance around......I just sent him away.

If anyone wants to talk with me about anything concerning this site, and the job I'm doing here....

Just call.