High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Middle weight power house Dolmar 6100

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
7:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
When looking for a good middle weight saw what do you look for? Power, weight, easy starting, solid build quality, great air filtration, excellent fuel economy extremely smooth AV?
Those are all things I look for.
While looking for a do it all saw that can handle 24" plus hard wood I found the Dolmar 6100.
In all my research I found the 6100 quickly was at the top of the list. It is also roughly $200 less then the husky and stihl variants, while only lacking the auto tune. (Big perk in my eyes )
So in short I found the 6100 was the best option for me and as a bonus or tipping point the best local dealer happens to be a dolmar dealer.

At 13.2 pounds it is nowhere near the heaviest in class and just ounces heavier then the lightest 60cc saw made.
Just an FYI I have used both a 20 and 24 inch bar and it pulls bother with authority and oil them just fine.

The first time I started the 6100 the first thing I noticed was how fast it accelerated the throttle response was almost instant.
And as soon as I went to cut with it it kept the rpm in some really dry and hard old oak. Even while leaning on it when it starts to bog it almost feels like it shifts gears and starts cutting faster. The torque curve is very broad.
Add the fantastic AV with the very smooth broad torque and you have a saw that is very easy to use and we'll behaved.
It is so fun to buck wood and almost unbelievable that you want to go to the next cut.
I now look for trees to buck up.

The great throttle response with broad torque curve make it very "readable " while felling. With the rpm to snap out of a lot of situations and the torque to help when you wait to long or get surprised with unforseen pinching. Makes this my first choice for a felling saw.
The power and torque are very useful , being fat and lazy I just noodle large rounds in half and quarters instead of lifting or splitting them. I will add a video below in a response to show noodling 20" long by 22" wide hard oak.

The air filtration system and fuel efficiency is class leading. Abble to cut more than a full pick up load maybe two per fueling is AMAZING.
The air filtration works fantastic, the seal on the filter is the best I have ever seen and cutting dry dead dusty wood all day still doesn't give enough debris and dust on the filter to justify cleaning it. But I do.
Enough reading let's move to the videos.

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Bring on the power!
Noodling like a boss. Through a 20 " long 22" wide hard oak.

Here it is spanking a stihl 056 super. Ya that is 87cc getting shown up by 61cc.

Bblunt

Active OPE Member
Local time
8:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I cut 20 to 40 face cord a year of fire wood . I would like a more powerful saw. Any suggestions ?

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When looking for a good middle weight saw what do you look for? Power, weight, easy starting, solid build quality, great air filtration, excellent fuel economy extremely smooth AV?
Those are all things I look for.
While looking for a do it all saw that can handle 24" plus hard wood I found the Dolmar 6100.
In all my research I found the 6100 quickly was at the top of the list. It is also roughly $200 less then the husky and stihl variants, while only lacking the auto tune. (Big perk in my eyes )
So in short I found the 6100 was the best option for me and as a bonus or tipping point the best local dealer happens to be a dolmar dealer.

At 13.2 pounds it is nowhere near the heaviest in class and just ounces heavier then the lightest 60cc saw made.
Just an FYI I have used both a 20 and 24 inch bar and it pulls bother with authority and oil them just fine.

The first time I started the 6100 the first thing I noticed was how fast it accelerated the throttle response was almost instant.
And as soon as I went to cut with it it kept the rpm in some really dry and hard old oak. Even while leaning on it when it starts to bog it almost feels like it shifts gears and starts cutting faster. The torque curve is very broad.
Add the fantastic AV with the very smooth broad torque and you have a saw that is very easy to use and we'll behaved.
It is so fun to buck wood and almost unbelievable that you want to go to the next cut.
I now look for trees to buck up.

The great throttle response with broad torque curve make it very "readable " while felling. With the rpm to snap out of a lot of situations and the torque to help when you wait to long or get surprised with unforseen pinching. Makes this my first choice for a felling saw.
The power and torque are very useful , being fat and lazy I just noodle large rounds in half and quarters instead of lifting or splitting them. I will add a video below in a response to show noodling 20" long by 22" wide hard oak.

The air filtration system and fuel efficiency is class leading. Abble to cut more than a full pick up load maybe two per fueling is AMAZING.
The air filtration works fantastic, the seal on the filter is the best I have ever seen and cutting dry dead dusty wood all day still doesn't give enough debris and dust on the filter to justify cleaning it. But I do.
Enough reading let's move to the videos.
Damn! Do you write product reviews for a living?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cut 20 to 40 face cord a year of fire wood . I would like a more powerful saw. Any suggestions ?
You would be happy with this saw for a 60cc.
Lots of good options. You could get a nice ported used saw off the trading post for that price too. Everyone has differing opinions. If you can I would run a variety and see what feels good to you.

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Corey whats the price tag on this saw ?
I paid about $575 with 24" bar and chain out the door at a local dealer. @fordf150 or @Miller Mod Saws would probably be the best prices.
I am looking t o upgrade from my stihl ms250.
The 6100 would be an upgrade in every way. Build quality, power, ......
A lot of great saws can cover that very well. Of coarse I am slightly biased to the 6100 because it checks more boxes for what I want and need from a mid size saw.
thank you for your comments.
If you liked any of the videos please give them a thumbs up.

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the price tag this saw will be hard to beat. Especially a ported one. And especially when ported this saw demands to be worked. It definatly don't like to be a trim saw. A ported one with a 24" bar will bring a smile to your face.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I paid about $575 with 24" bar and chain out the door at a local dealer. @fordf150 or @Miller Mod Saws would probably be the best prices.

The 6100 would be an upgrade in every way. Build quality, power, ......

A lot of great saws can cover that very well. Of coarse I am slightly biased to the 6100 because it checks more boxes for what I want and need from a mid size saw.
thank you for your comments.
If you liked any of the videos please give them a thumbs up.
Yup I forgot about Carl @millermodsaws. He's a good man too.