High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Middle weight power house Dolmar 6100

CTYank

Killer of Invasives
Local time
11:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
If you decide on a dolmar, contact @fordf150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excuse me! Do you not remember whose DOLMAR shop you've visited at GTGs in Greenwich NY? Best Dolmar dealer in the NE?
C'mon now, he's user @166 aka Steve at The Cutting Edge. Natchully I got my 6100 from Steve a couple years back.

'Nother testimonial: a bud was kinda reluctant to try my 6100 in some big oak blowdowns, but did: "That thing's badazz."

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Excuse me! Do you not remember whose DOLMAR shop you've visited at GTGs in Greenwich NY? Best Dolmar dealer in the NE?
C'mon now, he's user @166 aka Steve at The Cutting Edge. Natchully I got my 6100 from Steve a couple years back.

'Nother testimonial: a bud was kinda reluctant to try my 6100 in some big oak blowdowns, but did: "That thing's badazz."

Yup! Lots of good quality sponsors on the site. Can't go wrong with any of them.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nate spent an hour on the phone with me a while back, and I appreciate it. I'm just paying it forward. I'm sure Steve would have done the same for me.

CTYank

Killer of Invasives
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
While near every modern pro saw has steered away from reed induction in favour of piston port, the 6100 is a shining example that reeds work well and have their place in small engines. I love the low down torque that reed induction promotes.
Y'know, the main induction is simple piston-ported without reeds. The air-only direct to the transfers is reed-controlled. Clear from the IPL.
Still, it's unstoppable, like a big diesel. In most woods, mine is happier with a 24" than a 20"- something to see when noodling sugar maple.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
V__9ACC.jpg

30" Pin Oak. About the first thing I cut with it. Not that I'd use this saw for this everyday but just to see what it had. Non event,just cut the tree down.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
10:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 24038

30" Pin Oak. About the first thing I cut with it. Not that I'd use this saw for this everyday but just to see what it had. Non event,just cut the tree down.
Knowing how to use a saw goes a long way on how much ability the saw has.
I have tackled a few big trees with the 6100 and it takes it in stride and cuts it down and cuts it up. I only have a handful of trees over 28" and only one of those is on the list to remove. Most of our trees are sub 28" with a lot of dead between 16 and 22. The 6100 handles that size oak and hickory very well.
A good dealer can make a huge impact on one's saw preference.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Knowing how to use a saw goes a long way on how much ability the saw has.

Well thank you. But I've tried a couple approaching that size with the 262's and they struggle once that tips buried. Turns into a hacked up looking job. Same bar,same chain.