Mastermind Meets The MS400 C-M

MinnWeekendCutter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Regarding covid: it sucks but if you need to venture into cold air try a mask. One of those N95s, old school ski mask or a thick gaiter pulled up over your nose and mouth will keep the incoming air warmer. My dad never had Covid but as he got older the cold air would bother him. He found putting on a N95 dust mask helped quite a bit.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Regarding covid: it sucks but if you need to venture into cold air try a mask. One of those N95s, old school ski mask or a thick gaiter pulled up over your nose and mouth will keep the incoming air warmer. My dad never had Covid but as he got older the cold air would bother him. He found putting on a N95 dust mask helped quite a bit.

Agreed. I have a balaclava that helps a bunch.

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
9:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
d4f2b267a17758e23bada2d7480cabe5.jpg

Baclava!!! Mmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a good day, we both coughed but the exercise felt good. We are both on the tail end of it. Burnt brush, worked in the skidsteer after cutting and splitting a cord by hand. Do physical labor when you have covid, be a man. Lol ever hear that silly guy?

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for this thread Randy. I bought one back when my saws were stolen. Even though it's stock it's a tear ass saw. Prolly about 25 tanks thru it so far. Hope all is well in Jamestown. FS.

Your welcome. Glad you liked it Steve.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for this thread Randy. I bought one back when my saws were stolen. Even though it's stock it's a tear ass saw. Prolly about 25 tanks thru it so far. Hope all is well in Jamestown. FS.
Definitely a great thread…the build threads are my favorite.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Definitely a great thread…the build threads are my favorite.
It's my favorite thing, it was what brought me to the site. I'm interested in what makes models unique and how people overcome the saws short comings or how they make them special/perform well. I've been the happy owner of lots of saws from the guys on this site and would happily break bread with nearly all of them.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welcome to the site!

Lots of good new saws have been coming out with great power to weight, including the 261 VII, 400, 462 and 500i.

They are impressive stock, and even more impressive ported.

Hopefully our chainsaw get togethers (we call them GTGs) will return. They often provide the opportunity to actually try any saw you ever wanted to try, ported or stock, and get a feel for what they really can do. They are also a great opportunity to meet others interested in chainsaws, and learn information that you would never learn in a lifetime.

Hope you enjoy the site!

Thank you, Mike!
GTG's sound like lots of fun!
Would definitely be cool to test saws without having to buy the buggers!!
I've been benefiting from this forum for a few years now, lots of good info here, and some pretty amusing BS too! lol.
I'm more of a saw user than a collector, so all my saw-toys are work ugly! (though I do have a couple dozen of 'em)

This is a great thread on the ms400 btw...
Mastermind has the best info, it's great to see the guts of all these saws, it answers lots of questions!!

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The piston looks exactly the same all over, including inside.

I came by the idea...

After some reading....seems it might be ceramic coated. I wish Stihl was more forthcoming with details.....

...but whether it's coated or not, it's still a very unique proposition for the future.