Let's Talk With Bill G Awhile

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The property next to me has 3 hives of honey bees which are not a problem .Speaking of bees I found it interesting that polination of cucumbers is done by carpenter bees not honey bees . I might also add ,bee wise that dandilions provide a lot of the nector for honey bees .Lucky for them in spring I've got two acres of them .Besides that those hives are next to several fields of alfalfa .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Quite frankly neither am I .Fat bee aerodymically speaking by design really not supposed to be able to fly .They buzz around hither and yon and really don't bother much .
The paper wasps like to try to drive me crazy .If they buzz around I swat them with my hat and pin them down with the bill then cut off their stinger and part of one wing .They must put out an SOS because the rest of them head for the hills rather than deal with a crazy man.
On those a little tip .If you drown the nest with water from a hose they can't fly with wet wings .Then crawling on the ground you can do the kiwi stomp on them and smash the whole lot .Wasp pate so to speak .

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
5:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The nest will be dealt with Wednesday or Thursday night

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had rental properties for years and had to deal with dirty renters. Cockroaches were an issue in one in particular. Every renter claimed to be clean but they were not. There was one that really made my head spin. She called complaining about cockroaches. We called a pest company but she kept complaining. Well my son and I stopped one Saturday to replace some light bulbs because she was too damn cheap to buy light bulbs. There was a half eaten weiner on the floor under the kitchen table and a plate of dirty chicken bones and trimmings on the counter. We went back the next weekend and they were still on the counter. Shortly there after we had our annual Section 8 inspection and the inspector said evict her arse NOW!

We evicted her.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not that I am a fan of roaches but I would soil my drawers more if they were snakes.

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
3:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Roaches are nasty. Lived in the ghetto sh!thole in Glendale west of Phoenix when I was19. The whole apartment complex was infested with roaches. One night I was awoken by them running across me. I got up grabbed a can of wd40 and started torching the cracks and crevices where they hid....ended up setting the kitchen cabinets on fire that night🤣

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know which is worse ,cockroaches or crotch crickets .The later visited a couple of my ship mates undetected for about a week after they intertained a couple of doves of the evening in Rota Spain .Imagine that a bunch of crotch crickets loose on a nuke submarine on patrol ,under the water .Where could they go ? It turned out well but it was entertaining .--and no I never caught them .

Cantdog

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Roaches are nasty. Lived in the ghetto sh!thole in Glendale west of Phoenix when I was19. The whole apartment complex was infested with roaches. One night I was awoken by them running across me. I got up grabbed a can of wd40 and started torching the cracks and crevices where they hid....ended up setting the kitchen cabinets on fire that night🤣
Yep, Glendale roaches............ those suckers would swim right up out of the toilets once in a while!! Very disconcerting whilst taking a leak......made ya never want to sit down.....when you did, you just had to keep flushing!!! Had my own house on West Camelback so it wasn't really an infestation but they were around non the less.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As long as everyone gets out just let the damn place burn.

Now of course no one wants to lose their belongings but sometimes good things come from bad things. The house I was talking about earlier with the filthy girl and roaches was hit by a tornado later.

The girl that had just moved in got out safely and did not lose much except her car. It ripped most of the top story off but the insurance company would not call it a total loss. Contractors were raping folks and did not want to work hard. We cut our losses selling it as-is and taking the insurance payment. What did really stink is while I was standing in what was left of the upstairs dealing with a building inspector, a barn on another farm of ours caught fire because of the dumbarse renter's kid burning garbage in the yard.

The insurance company called it a total loss when all that was left was ashes and concrete.

Last edited:

EFSM

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not that I am a fan of roaches but I would soil my drawers more if they were snakes
Roaches and stinkbugs are about the worst critters for me, worse than snakes and spiders by a bit. We've been having invasions of stinkbugs in our area for the last year or two like never before. They're armor plated and stink up the whole house if you do manage to kill one.

Bill, I think you get banned from other forums not because they can't stand you, but because they're afraid the website server capacity will be overwhelmed!

redneckhillbilly

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a question for the International TD14 people from earlier.

customer called me inquiring about 12 positive ground and converting it to negative ground and fitting a GM 1 wire altenator on it because the alternator bearings took a crap.

I know the starter wont care, gm 1 wire is already setup for - ground, but I have idea about whats inside the distributor for the gasoline half of the engine.

im guessing its got points and condensor but I havent looked, i doubt its a magneto.

so if it has points I'm thinkin all I would have to do is switch the wires on the coil?

has anyone ever converted one of these old beasts over to 12 volt negative ground?

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
................Bill, I think you get banned from other forums not because they can't stand you, but because they're afraid the website server capacity will be overwhelmed!
Then they need to get better servers :) We will see who is laughing and crying over there come the evening of November 5th. I might stop in, probably not though. I have to deal with enough knuckleheads and scammers on FB, Craigslist, and eBay to deal with the same type of folks over there.

On a side note someone in Marshalltown Iowa got a free saw from me today. I guess he is the one laughing........I should have packed the hornets nest with it.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a question for the International TD14 people from earlier.

customer called me inquiring about 12 positive ground and converting it to negative ground and fitting a GM 1 wire altenator on it because the alternator bearings took a crap.

I know the starter wont care, gm 1 wire is already setup for - ground, but I have idea about whats inside the distributor for the gasoline half of the engine.

im guessing its got points and condensor but I havent looked, i doubt its a magneto.

so if it has points I'm thinkin all I would have to do is switch the wires on the coil?

has anyone ever converted one of these old beasts over to 12 volt negative ground?
I guess I am wondering why he wants to do that.