High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

(Scheppach?) "CSP2540", an amazing <$150 top-handle(25cc) platform!!

Cerberus

Cerberus the aardvark, not the hell-hound!!
Local time
9:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I put the "?" in the title because this saw is also available with "Jon Cutter" badging[wow, when going to grab the pic I see farmertec/jon-cutter has actually done a lil redesigning to the flywheel-case on their newest offering: https://www.farmertec.com/25-4cc-Jo...-Without-Saw-Chain-and-Guide-Bar-p720560.html

Anyone know who actually makes, or 1st-made, this saw? I got the "scheppach" version last May:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/25-4CC-10-...087088&hash=item1eaf13a9b0:g:eq8AAOSwz2Bd6QuL
and have been in-love, was going to buy a 2nd but with how good lithium is now I just couldn't see myself buying any sub-30cc powerheads for anything anymore (since I've finally rounded-out my arsenal, if I had to get a 12" top-handle today I'd cheap out and get another of these ones as I've yet to choose which lithium-ecosystem I'm going to go for ;) ) but am in-love w/ my lil scheppach, you've GOTTA remove the dumb bumper from the front (that holds the dogs) as it steals 1.5" of precious bar-length, and you need to get one(or swap-to) a 12" (never tried 14"...it didn't push a 16" too well) and, ideally, spend some time w/ grinder or dremel on the chain-brake-handguard as it's wayy over-sized, but past that it is a great nimble lil saw, still is my go-to even with the 355t at-the-ready, can't give it high-enough marks in fact will be doing a thorough review (they've earned it) on it but wanted to learn who actually makes it...farmertec/jon-cutter seem 'real' (even though they deal-in clones), but Scheppach also seems to make real gear...honestly this thing seems like it was some idea Echo/Shindaiwa had&abandoned, feels/looks like an echo rip-off but I don't know any model it's "modelled-after"...there are at least 2 other brands/badgings/colors for this powerhead besides scheppach&jon-cutter, btw, and models go as cheap as $90 if you get powerhead-only!

So surprised this thing doesn't get more love, I understand the "first mover" problem but it's been out long enough, and it's cheap enough, and the reviews - while sparse especially follow-up youtube reviews - are all the same, haven't found one anecdote of "crappy build" / "things broke on it quickly", hell mine is still just as reliable as my husqvarna&echo engines and I've LONG ago gave-up on being gentle with it by far!!

Cerberus

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
BTW to be clear I did search&google for this, only mention I can find is my own reference to the brand in an older post..

BUT-- I can't stress enough....you've GOTTA remove that dumb bumper from the front, and slice-off the top&bottom thirds of that hand-guard, if you want a good/useable lil machine (I cut-out the center of my hand-guard after shaving like 15% from its top&bottom) Don't need dogs for a 12"/25cc machine lol, especially not at giving-up nearly 10% of bar-length!

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
1:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are good value saws I’ve had one for 3 years use it a lot myself and can’t
Fault it

Cerberus

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Appreciate the replies, IIRC it was actually an old thread on here that I'd found via google that put into this rabbit-hole:
It's a copy of the Zenoah G2500T, which was also branded as the T425 Husqvarna.
Was that platform ever popular in the US? I've gotten the impression this platform is VERY popular in asia, there's no part (however small/insignificant) to this platform that isn't abundantly available online in fact it beats-out any saw I've ever seen in this regard...

BTW --- the bar-angle on my Schepp is a very extreme, upward angle....from google-images it seems some t425's have this, and others do not!!! Would love to know if you've got any insight on that, I've fallen in-love w/ that angle (for bars 12" and under, actually felt dangerous w/ a 16", never tried a 14"....w/ the 16" it was great for bottom-of-bar cuts but when doing top-of-bar cuts it just felt like, were it to kick a bit too hard, that it could get outta control a lot easier!)

Glad I got this version, the J.Cutter unit seems to have at least 2 flaws this one doesn't (bar-retention seems lackluster on the j.cutter, unless you do AFleetCommand's youtube-documented modification to fix it, but the schepp comes OEM w/ perfect-sized bar-nubs on either side of the bar-nut, and Re bar-sizes/types the schepp takes "standard Oregon 3/8" while I've seen other threads talking about having to find special bars....very happy to be able to interchange b&c among every.last.saw that I own :D ) The weird thing is scheppach has a site that seems to show they make other equipment, maybe that's all cloned stuff too though.....guess I'd figured that all these g2500/t425 clones were made at the same "clone-facility" but now am getting the impression these clone-ventures are fully distinct (which furthers my pondering of "why *this* platform, was the 425/2500 platform some real popular unit in asia or something?")

Thanks for posting, am glad to get any&all info I can as I intend to make an incredibly thorough writeup/reviewing of this saw, almost hard not to when knowing how many people are doing stuff like saving to get their first 194t for $350 when they could've saved that for a 355t and gotten a schepp for $100!!(well, the powerhead alone can be found for $90, I paid $135 for my unit w/ a 10" oregon b&c setup, used a 12" Echo setup on it for most of my time owning it but recently I swapped its 10" back and am in-love w/ it all over again, obviously you need to be bringing enough saws to a job to be including a 10" but honestly for 4-outta-5 jobs I use my schepp for 75%-->100% of the job, and only swap-up to my 355t(w/ 16" b&c), haven't been using the 14" Tanaka at all in-canopy in fact I've basically made it my "ground saw" at this point :p )

They are good value saws I’ve had one for 3 years use it a lot myself and can’t
Fault it
GREAT to hear this!! Which version do you have? Do you do anything "special" w/ it? Would love to hear how you use yours!! I got two more climbsaws since this one and this guy is still my go-to (not my favorite, that's the 355t, but that guy's bigger!!) Hope you removed the god-awful front-bumper so you could reclaim that 1.5" of bar-length it steals ;D

What do you think of the bar-angle? This is the only climbsaw I know of that's got such an aggressively steep bar-angle, I imagine I'm not alone in how I make an average cut: I don't just line-up the saw, rev to speed, and plunge it straight-downwards into the wood....I lift the front of the bar ever so slightly and push the bar down into the wood at an angle. The Schepp's bar-angle all but forces the sawyer to hit the wood that way, and when using the top of the bar - IMO - the angle actually makes for FAR better/more-precise usage (would expect that more-dangerous is also inherent to that, when I was running an 18" on my 355t I put its 16" onto my Schepp, only did a handful of jobs w/ that configuration but there were multiple times that I actually changed the cut I was doing because I didn't wanna use top-of-bar in that configuration, may've been in my head but seemed like it was kicking/bucking FAR easier when using top-bar, I think I'd always known/felt that with the 10" and 12" setups but they're small enough that you can 'man handle' them into control, w/ the 16" it felt unwieldy using the top of the bar)

Thanks for posting would love to hear whatever details you can add, I advocate for most climbers to have one of these unless they've already got too-many saws, but for "Joe Schmoe Climber" who has 1-->2 climbsaws it just seems silly not to spend the ~$100 to have one of these guys, even if you didn't find it to be a great default-saw it could still be your "crappy/rotted trees" saw, or rainy-days saw etc etc there's just enough reasons to have a 'beater saw' that I was actually planning to get myself a 2nd one of these (the 2511t is amazing but I still think I'd take a pair of scheppach's w/ upgraded b&c for that same money, guess it just depends how many extra saws you've got...for the price though I figured "it'll suffice", **never** expected it'd be my go-to saw!!)