Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
6:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A friend of mine was in an abusive relationship years ago. Her husband would come home drunk and slap her around then pass out. One night she decided that she had enough. He passed out, and she loaded her stuff in the car, then beat the hell out of him with a cast iron skillet. Cracked his skull, broke his arm, and his collarbone....then left him.
Sounds like he had it coming. Good for her. Hopefully she never was never charged for any crime.

Hoser

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back in the late 50’s around here a trim dozer operator used to come home drunk and beat his wife. One day she had enough and cranked him in the head with I think a pan, he fell back off the porch stone dead.
The local cop (there was only one) said it’s a shame he tripped on the stairs and that was that

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is funny that this comes up now. My grandmother on my mother's side always used cast iron. She also cooked on a wood stove/oven. When she past away everything remained in the house. In May 2023 her last son past away. Yesterday afternoon my Mother called, (apparently I called her by mistake and she was calling back.) In any event we talked and she said she had not been in the house since 2012 but take what I wanted. I would like to get some of the old cast iron pans. There is a very good chance that some of them are 1800's vintage. The house was my Great-Great Grandmother's house and each generation stayed in the house until they died.

Now this is also related to wife abuse. My grandmother said many, many years ago Grandpa like to drink. Apparently sometimes he got a bit violent. Well he came home one night sauced and pushed/threw her into the Christmas tree knocking it over. She said that was his wake up call and he never drank again. I am not sure if she ever used a cast iron skillet on him but hey were married for 49 years until he died.......of natural causes.

Last edited:

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like he had it coming. Good for her. Hopefully she never was never charged for any crime.
They only "crime" she was guilty of was waiting to damn long to clock his arse.
He was lucky she did not go Lorena Bobbitt on him and slice off his weenie.

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a pretty good cast iron collection from 4 inch to 14 inch frying pans. All Griswalds of different eras even a few cast iron lids. Some cast iron pots.
My favourite is the Griswald waffle iron from 1910.
All have been cleaned in an e-tank, lots looked horrible before the e-tank
Wagner Works is another good name for cast iron

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same here. We cook with cast iron a majority of the time. Still have a couple stainless, and a couple ceramic for occasions, but cast iron is used daily here.. so far haven’t been threatened with it, yet…
Same here. There hasn't been better cookware made than cast iron.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a pretty good cast iron collection from 4 inch to 14 inch frying pans. All Griswalds of different eras even a few cast iron lids. Some cast iron pots.

Here's the waffle Iron I have. I don't know the year it was made. I believe it's a rare one though.
20240614_073043.jpg20240614_073054.jpg20240614_073110.jpg

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Didn't there used to be a guy here on the forum named Wagner Works? That came to mind as soon as I read that. Going back quite a few years now, maybe that wasn't his exact name but something darn close.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are countless stories here of the terminals blending corn with beans when loading barges.
Those pot lickers have more tricks than a barrel full of monkies .I'm smack dab right in the middle of the corn belt and although the grain terminals are not as large as say Toledo there are many .One trick they do is demerage on what they considered weedy soy beans or damaged grain .Then the sorry azz holes mix that stuff right back in the government grain shipments . It's almost a license to steal with what they get away with .