Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my are people did that to parts of Mt hood natl forest, we lost tons of great hunting,camping,offroad trails & shooting areas due to a-holes & their trash, instead of driving to the local dump & spend a few bucks to empty your garbage, they drive to the mountain & destroy it, funny part is , it's all crickets from the local green weenie environmental nut jobs & you all know oregon is full of them.
So is all the other states 🤬.

I am very much in favor of reasonable conservation and recycling. I am not in favor of falsehoods spread by some. Dumping trash is not environmentally conscious but some who have attacked me in the past are trash dumpers.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a growing collection of tractor tires around here.

I did give a few away for sandboxes this spring. I advertised them on marketplace and said “I’ll pay you to take a sandbox!” Two disappeared so there’s that.

Two tractors will be getting new rears and duals this year so there will be 8 more around again. Tire shop wants $150/ea to take them back. Nope. The only other place here that handles large tires charges by the pound and they’d be more than the tire shop. Still a nope.
IMG_20240505_213341547_HDR.jpg

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
2:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Homer AK

Isn't that where "Alaska the Last Frontier" is set.

I like Eve

Yeppers. Blood Sweat and tears....400 yards from a paved road.🤣 Never met Eve, though seems like a good mother and wife. Jane Kilcher was the school nurse at our kids school for a couple years before we decided to home school them.

My wife occasionally does work for Atz and Bonnie' Kilcher...we used to sell them eggs(culled our flock last fall, currently raising new chicks). They don't live on the homestead anymore. Have a couple cabins in town.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeppers. Blood Sweat and tears....400 yards from a paved road.🤣 Never met Eve, though seems like a good mother and wife. Jane Kilcher was the school nurse at our kids school for a couple years before we decided to home school them.

My wife occasionally does work for Atz and Bonnie' Kilcher...we used to sell them eggs(culled our flock last fall, currently raising new chicks). They don't live on the homestead anymore. Have a couple cabins in town.
Damn man!

1716961072820.png

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All joking aside there is no doubt the shows are all made up. I used to get "Logger Times" paper. When the first one or two seasons of Axe Men ended Jay Browning had an article in there talking about how fake the show was. He talked about how pissed he was the made his son Jesse look like an idiot.

The same with Bobby Goodson of "Swamp Loggers" He gave up on the show because he refused the drama they desired.

I still like Eve.

1716961849860.png

Mad Professor

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I look at it this way.

Those who do not want me recycling tires into fuel for brush pile fires are more than welcome to come here, clean up all the used tires along the my road (which I do), and burn my brush.

Those who do not like me dispatching snakes are welcome to come here, collect them, take them home with them, and cuddle up.

2024 bonfire.jpg
bonfire 3.JPG2024 bonfire 1.jpgbonfire front 2024.jpg1 greta tire.png

No tires were hurt in the first four pictures, but rabbits and woodchucks might of?

Last edited:

Mad Professor

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dissension is okay here if it is contributory and not disrespectful or an assault.

The forums I love most, seems EVERYBODY are friends, and we tell each other F O or ES, and no one cares or gets bent into a pretzel....pronouns? ....waaahhhaaaa!!!!

Last edited:

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All joking aside there is no doubt the shows are all made up. I used to get "Logger Times" paper. When the first one or two seasons of Axe Men ended Jay Browning had an article in there talking about how fake the show was. He talked about how pissed he was the made his son Jesse look like an idiot.

The same with Bobby Goodson of "Swamp Loggers" He gave up on the show because he refused the drama they desired.

I still like Eve.

View attachment 421133

Politics has managed to divide the Kilcher clan. I guess even the old hippies don't approve of castrating their grandchildren and having them *s-word in litter boxes. 🤣🤣

I framed a garage/apartment studio with Paul Reidel, Emily Reidel's brother of "Bearing Sea Gold".

My neighbor milled lumber for "Homestead Rescue," ....he just left to tend/run the deck for salmon season on the Cape Caution of Deadliest Catch fame.

When we were gold mining east of Denali in the Alaska range the claim holders(an LLC in Homer) we're talking to Discovery Channel about filming Gold Rush there. Our boss wanted no part of it.

Like you said Bill, it's all fake...like our news media. 😆

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Eve isn't ugly. I'm happily married....so I'll leave it at that 😁
Uh- hmmm.
Anyway. $100 or more to get rid of an old tire? 😮That's crazy!!!! Never heard of anything more than like $6 each. I'd burn em too!

redneckhillbilly

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I still like Eve.

View attachment 421133
reality shows single handed ruined my neighborhood, Thomas Ore, from the mountain man show on discovery, the Yaak is completley ruined now, rich folk bought up everything and stopped all the old local traditions.

what really pisses me off is the "mountain man" is from sacramento komiefornia, I own the family homestead not to far from his place and taxes are through the roof, as well as damn near every weekend catching some out or towner trespassing on my property camping.

I really wish we would of run him outta here when we had a chance

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only reality shows I have any real knowledge about is "American Pickers" and "Ready Aim Sold"

American Pickers started just up the river from me. The pilot episode featured Danny Bean who I have known for years. When I saw him "selling" them some stuff I knew it was fake as Danny did not sell anything. I saw Danny after the show aired and he said "I didn't sell them a gosh darn thing". Of course he used different words.

The "Ready Aim Sold" show is one folks have probably never heard of. I believe they only made one episode. It was on Discovery and was centered around the Rock Island Auction Company which is a huge gun auction company. They are the real deal in Rock Island IL. The owner lives next to my former father in law

Last edited:

Mad Professor

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only reality shows I have any real knowledge about is "American Pickers" and "Ready Aim Sold"

American Pickers started just up the river from me. The pilot episode featured Danny Bean who I have known for years. When I saw him "selling" them some stuff I knew it was fake as Danny did not sell anything. I saw Danny after the show aired and he said "I didn't sell them a gosh darn thing". Of course he used different words.

The "Ready Aim Sold" show is one folks have probably never heard of. I believe they only made one episode. It was on Discovery and was centered around the Rock Island Auction Company which is a huge gun auction company. They are the real deal in Rock Island IL. The owner loves next to my former father

Hi Bill,

How you doing? Hope well.

MP

Sloughfoot

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve seen ground up tires used for playgrounds & mixed in the asphalt on running tracks.
Also heard that most of the tires are used as fuel in electric power generation, so there is no recycling. Also heard the same used motor oil.
Yeh, lots of uses for used tires. Separating the rubber and metal in radials isn't rocket surgery.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The "Ready Aim Sold" show is one folks have probably never heard of. I believe they only made one episode. It was on Discovery and was centered around the Rock Island Auction Company which is a huge gun auction company. They are the real deal in Rock Island IL. The owner loves next to my former father
Well that message got cut off midway through. I had three doctors appointments this morning and was killing time on my phone waiting.

What I meant to say was the owner of the gun auction and show lives next to my former father in law. They are real gun auctioneers and are huge with lots of employees. They bought the old Jaydon factory to house it. My opinion of why the show did not take off was because it was too real. They are not go to create fake drama and BS. They run a reputable business and sell on 6 continents. My opinion is that they did not want to do anything to tarnish that