Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was told you and Kevin are the two to ask when it comes to the nitty gritty details
There are a bunch of guys here that build good saws. There isn't anything really special or exciting about it.

Jason Egan builds a good saw too. You can find him on Facebook.

The trick ain't the saw builds....its the customer relation part. The thing that separates the guys who are in it for real from the fly by night types is not how the saw makes a few cuts. There's so much more to doing this year after year than the part that people think is exciting.

As for questions, I've yet to see you ask any questions about saws.

And "who" told you Kevin and I were the ones to ask?

I think you'd enjoy building saws for racing. You should try that.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are a bunch of guys here that build good saws. There isn't anything really special or exciting about it.

The trick ain't the saw builds....its the customer relation part. The thing that separates the guys who are in it for real from the fly by night types is not how the saw makes a few cuts. There's so much more to doing this year after year than the part that people think is exciting.

Stickers are all that matter

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
10:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
El Caminos, especially the late 60's-early 70's ones were good rigs. A local machinist had a '69 that he beat the heck out of and it kept running and hauling heavy loads for years. My uncle had a '72 SS - 396 Big Block which wasn't all great but a good rig otherwise. He and my dad put a Factory Hi-Po 350 out of a Nova in it later and it was a much better daily driver.
I’m pretty sure the only difference between an el Camino and a truck was that the cab and bed sheetmetal were connected.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm horrible with names... is he Lucky Dog Manufacturing? If so, I was told he knows his *s-word too.

yes-its-me-59401f.jpg

Sierra_rider

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Reminds me of over in the motorcycle world. There are some really good engine builders and suspension tuners who absolutely suck at customer relations...they're a nightmare to deal with. Not necessarily scammers, but poor communication skills, *a-holes, etc. They do best when working in someone else's shop and they don't have to answer the phone.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Reminds me of over in the motorcycle world. There are some really good engine builders and suspension tuners who absolutely suck at customer relations...they're a nightmare to deal with. Not necessarily scammers, but poor communication skills, *a-holes, etc. They do best when working in someone else's shop and they don't have to answer the phone.

Communication makes or breaks anything for me, I don't care how good you are at whatever it is you do, it's the little things that go a long way.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m pretty sure the only difference between an el Camino and a truck was that the cab and bed sheetmetal were connected.
….aaand right after that my son sent me this from a car show he’s helping judge.

E7B542AF-F096-4B5A-BEA8-9A6DC8D8A65B.jpeg