ZERO

Simple Life
GoldMember
Local time
9:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The trick ain't the saw builds....its the customer relation part. The thing that separates the guys who are in it for real from the fly by night types is not how the saw makes a few cuts. There's so much more to doing this year after year than the part that people think is exciting.
Randy, back to the basics.

The few good apples here have their game together, anything sub par is not leaving the factory.

Yes, the customer relationship, it's not a hack it up and send it away never talk to the customer type of a deal here.

The dirty dozen that knows their game here can not be shaken by any external forces.

Must be a validation that they are the very few and far in between gems that get under the skin of others.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
3:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I want a picture of you with an Abercrombie shirt on making a muscle or we're not friends anymore.
You gotta make sure the shirt is double sided and its 22yrs old... otherwise it's a cheap China knock-off... kinda like..... ahahahaha

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So this forum has 4-5 people that actually build saws? and the other 20 members are for comedic entertainment? I guess that's a decent ratio... I mean, jesters are needed when something lacks substance.
Yep, this is definitely my kind of place... whole lot of nothing happens besides slot filling and waiting for the next comment(s)... 🤣🤣🤣 as Joe Dirté would say "Right on"...

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
2:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So this forum has 4-5 people that actually build saws? and the other 20 members are for comedic entertainment? I guess that's a decent ratio... I mean, jesters are needed when something lacks substance.
Yep, this is definitely my kind of place... whole lot of nothing happens besides slot filling and waiting for the next comment(s)... 🤣🤣🤣 as Joe Dirté would say "Right on"...

There are tons of knowledgeable people here. Every single one that has replied here except for maybe @dall and @USMC615 can help. :crazylick:

But we are not mind readers, ask away!

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Rich Fife the old guys’ knowledge is buried in the old porting threads. Get yer pick n shovel
Lol. No need to dig or search for material as I am here to rate the quality of this forum... I was told about this place prior to joining. I was told there were 2-3 guys who know their *s-word... but, it's a good ol' boy club... and the rest are... well, he wasn't too far off from the description I was told. 😆 And you might be surprised who told me this... Definitely not gonna be who yall are gonna assume...
But, with that said, There IS a decent amount of good info that beginners could find useful as they start wading into their saw builds.. no doubt.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Lol. No need to dig or search for material as I am here to rate the quality of this forum... I was told about this place prior to joining. I was told there were 2-3 guys who know their *s-word... but, it's a good ol' boy club... and the rest are... well, he wasn't too far off from the description I was told. 😆 And you might be surprised who told me this... Definitely not gonna be who yall are gonna assume...
But, with that said, There IS a decent amount of good info that beginners could find useful as they start wading into their saw builds.. no doubt.

Are you a customer service representative for iron horse ?

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
:coleman:So this forum has 4-5 people that actually build saws? and the other 20 members are for comedic entertainment? I guess that's a decent ratio... I mean, jesters are needed when something lacks substance.
Saw builders? I don’t think people really build saws on here. They modify parts and re-assemble to produce a better performing saw. Even race saws use manufacturers parts. Some machine parts for use and are outstanding machinists, not me. My knowledge is limited, use oem parts, vacuum check, use Motoseal and blue thread locker.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMO, you haven’t been here long enough to know who’s who and who’s capable, to be throwing out your assumptions on the subject. There is a lot of talent in this place. Just like anywhere, the talent varies in experience and capabilities. All are welcome to come and learn, ask, and participate. But making assumptions usually doesn’t end well.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
you seem to be operating under the assumption that the only guys who “build saws” are the guys who regularly post build threads and vids. i bet at least 75% of saws that get build/modded by guys on this forum never get posted. the guys that post build threads etc arent doing it for validation from the peanut gallery.

Last edited:

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
you seem to be operating under the assumption that the only guys who “build saws” are the guys who regularly post build threads and vids. i bet at least 75% of saws that get build/modded by guys on this forum never get posted. the guys that post build threads etc are doing it for validation from the peanut gallery.

You mean I should have video evidence of the Makita 4300 I just finished removing the transfer from the cylinder? Am I going to get banned to Facebook now? :(

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
You mean I should have video evidence of the Makita 4300 I just finished removing the transfer from the cylinder? Am I going to get banned to Facebook now? :(
Bad Steve go shut your dick in the door on the way out!😆