jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
7:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s a minivan with the camper cut off. Unibody, not body on frame like a truck. Transfersve engine front wheel drive…an el camino is a lot more truck. One of my guys has one. Tries to use it like a truck on and off road, it’s always broken.

El Caminos, especially the late 60's-early 70's ones were good rigs. A local machinist had a '69 that he beat the heck out of and it kept running and hauling heavy loads for years. My uncle had a '72 SS - 396 Big Block which wasn't all great but a good rig otherwise. He and my dad put a Factory Hi-Po 350 out of a Nova in it later and it was a much better daily driver.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
7:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back before there was a JCS YouTube he was proud of a vid of his ported 441 with chips magically falling to the ground at 1.5 times the speed of gravity. Made it easy to make up my mind. He got harassed and booted from the fb groups and went to Yoohootoob

That was pretty common a few years ago. Guys would post videos where the laws of physics and time seemed to be warped. Birds would fly by in the background at 1.5-2x the speed they do in the wild.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
10:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm totally gathering that! I'm calling OPE the "chopping block" just looking for victims to hack up. 🤣

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
9:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm totally gathering that! I'm calling OPE the "chopping block" just looking for victims to hack up. 🤣

You also have to remember that the core group here has been together over 20 years. I know I have followed them around since 2008. We bounced around a few different forums till OPE was founded in 2016. This place is a true tight community. Old school look out for your brother kind of way.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
9:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It seems customer's caught your buddy early
Guy's like wicked work saws went on for year's ripping guy's off.

I even met and talked to Terry and his wife at a GTG one year. Seemed like a great guy and I almost sent a saw to him. Something kept me from pulling the trigger.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I even met and talked to Terry and his wife at a GTG one year. Seemed like a great guy and I almost sent a saw to him. Something kept me from pulling the trigger.
He built some fine saws until he didn't
I remember an australian guy who was desperate to get like 2 or 3 395s iirc back from him.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It seems customer's caught your buddy early
Guy's like wicked work saws went on for year's ripping guy's off.
Ok. 👏
But seriously, does anybody actually build saws on here or do y'all wait for newbies to post their builds then critique and chop? Ahahaha

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok. 👏
But seriously, does anybody actually build saws on here or do y'all wait for newbies to post their builds then critique and chop? Ahahaha
I've never worked on or own any saws
But fabz does he's a pro porter he runs the chainsaw forum
I think he might be the only member.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Ok. 👏
Guys around here have built saws for so long and done it so much they’d rather talk about anything but most days. Kapische?