GoldMember
Local time
9:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LMAO. That was a no brainier Nick.
Whatchu get? 572?
I did. I like it very much. I used a friends 462 the other day, I liked it very much as well. Both are very smooth running, the husky seemed to be either more fuel thrifty or has more capacity (I'm not up on the fluid specs of both models).

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did. I like it very much. I used a friends 462 the other day, I liked it very much as well. Both are very smooth running, the husky seemed to be either more fuel thrifty or has more capacity (I'm not up on the fluid specs of both models).
I did notice that too. It’s lasts longer than a 462 or 390xp for sure.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You mean run one in wood or piss revs in the garage?
Asking for @usmcbuckwild
:D

I calls them likes i sees them.... We have an internet toughguy here who only runs his saws when he piss-revs them in his driveway in an attempt to intimidate the neighbors. His name is @mettee

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe lower power band? More stroke. 462 is high RPM power band saw. Seems like it at least.
The gas tank seemed on the small side to me. The 462 is rather high strung, not as grunty as a 572 or my 7900. There all bad ass though, really a guy has a hard time choosing a good 5 cube saw nowadays.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did notice that too. It’s lasts longer than a 462 or 390xp for sure.
The run time on the husky per tank is longer. I'd wager the tank was larger, rather than it being more efficient. The muffler design on the 572 IS very interesting in how its shaped and spaced off of the case.

That 462 is wonderfully light. A 20" stihl light makes that thing a light saber. The 500i looks like a 28-32" bar candidate.

mettee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I calls them likes i sees them.... We have an internet toughguy here who only runs his saws when he piss-revs them in his driveway in an attempt to intimidate the neighbors. His name is @mettee

If I'm a pretender, then you are the one who invented it spoobatoid.

Intimidate? Really? Now your just reaching.

When was I being a tough guy?

Your new nick name is "mud bog buck" aka "saw thief" boom that just happened!

(we are kidding folks)

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
:aplastao:

what's your opinion?

Now I am really tired and i have to get some sleep .... It's already about over an hour past midnight in germany and there are some crazy saws out there :eek::D

Nice testing Thanks

Result is strange I think it’s break in period that made the 1hp disappear and Husky 572 was so close behind at 1sec

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
First thing. Lot of work and effort put in by Steph on this Vid...:)
A few points here dealing with the standard saws....
8 pin drive sprockets...Is that what each maker fits as standard ? . Pros and Cons here.....gearing up has some negative outcomes regarding overall speed /and wood type performance as well as giving the chance at more chain speed.
The HP output of the saws has got a chunk of grunt difference between the most powerful and the least.
"Rated" power stats ....Stihl 500i = 6.8hp and the Dolmar ps-7910 at 5.76 HP =(5.9 ps).
The 572 and 462 are nearer each other in time/cc and HP so you would hope they were close to each other.
Run time...
Are they all more or less new?
Variables to be had there as well in the future perhaps.

Last edited: