Husqvarna 560 xp (562XP) 1st time muffler mod

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Well then Folks .
Been asked to muffler mod to help with heat expulsion as a precaution on a 2014 yr 560xp.
Modded a few saws but 1st time in one of these saws for me so any info and tricks would be a big help.
Need to keep it stock looking so no pipe or duels ...just work on the existing outlet and inside .
Auto tune sort itself out ok after ..stuff like that .

Last edited:

KenJax Tree

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
3:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I lifted the deflector and opened as much as in could under it and inside where the 2 holes are in the lnlet i made it one long hole. I didn't want to gut the muffler and make it ear bleeding loud.

Some guys cut the deflector right off and open up a huge hole and gut the whole muffler out and then braze the deflector back on but its loud.

AT will sort it all out.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
12:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I've ran a few loud muffler mods and I wouldn't consider the gutted 562 muffler mod to be in the category of excessively loud. It sounds way better and gains a noticeable amount of torque, but no real chain speed difference. Well actually it probably did gain chain speed too but I put more of a load when I felt more power and it didn't get a chance to happen.
Here's a before and after of a gutted muffler..

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I suppose everyone has their own definition of to loud. In between houses and stuff it makes a saw louder than out in the middle of the woods. Im always in the city.
How is this an argument? Jeez dude...You said yours and I said mine.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just sayin'....its hard to show expression on a forum.
Or share opinions without stifling, belittling, and arguing. It can be brain surgery for me trying to make sure I'm not wording something that'll be taken as an insult. I'm getting better but I've pissed many people off.
This comment wasn't directed at you in any way.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for the pointers ..KenJax Tree and Chainsaw Jim, will be on it monday morning . Knowing there is not much chance of the Auto tune chucking its toys out of the pram after the mod is good.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Went for the stock look and a bit more flow rather than a full on gutting . There were more holes in the baffle from stock than i thought .... put a few more holes directly in front of the out flow and another hole the same size up top to allow some bypass of the internal tube. Bit more crackle without being anything than pleasing to the ear so the arborist whose saw it is wont be giving me a hard time . Can feel more hot air movement from the output so that should help with a slightly cooler engine. Piston looked fine and the saw fired up then settled down with a snappy throttle response so i guess A/T is cool with the mod . Full muffler De swarf Photo0807.jpg Photo0809.jpg ...Heat paint cured off with test run + the replacement bolt sorted (that was missing when it came in ) along with a proper clean its good to go.

Landmark

Chainsaw Hack
Local time
3:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went for the stock look and a bit more flow rather than a full on gutting . There were more holes in the baffle from stock than i thought .... put a few more holes directly in front of the out flow and another hole the same size up top to allow some bypass of the internal tube. Bit more crackle without being anything than pleasing to the ear so the arborist whose saw it is wont be giving me a hard time . Can feel more hot air movement from the output so that should help with a slightly cooler engine. Piston looked fine and the saw fired up then settled down with a snappy throttle response so i guess A/T is cool with the mod . Full muffler De swarf View attachment 25675 View attachment 25676 ...Heat paint cured off with test run + the replacement bolt sorted (that was missing when it came in ) along with a proper clean its good to go.
Looks real good. I just finished the wiring on my 550 g conversion. Got to mod muffler and will be able to fire it up. Thanks for posting pic of your MM.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Looks real good. I just finished the wiring on my 550 g conversion. Got to mod muffler and will be able to fire it up. Thanks for posting pic of your MM.
Just a add on Dave...I recommend a extension to the deflector if the extra hole is in the front of the original. I found that to much heat blast from the hole hit the underside of the chain brake. New pic shows the Mod to the Mod :DPhoto0828.jpg Photo0829.jpg

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
2:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Simondo I started out about like u have there and ended up enlarging more in the inlet and outlet and it gained more. I dont think u can go too big in the inlet or outlet. Seemed to give it a deeper growl at idle but not alota higher decibel under WOT

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Simondo I started out about like u have there and ended up enlarging more in the inlet and outlet and it gained more. I dont think u can go too big in the inlet or outlet. Seemed to give it a deeper growl at idle but not alota higher decibel under WOT
I was under instruction on this one Keith....Tree surgeons saw that he just wanted the saw to stay a bit cooler rather than be to loud when using it on site . Duly noted though on what the saw likes for the next one ..OR ! ..my own one as soon as the second hand price falls a bit on the 2014 onward saws.