Husqvarna 540i XP battery saw -- chain

livemusic

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is what Husqvarna shows as coming with the 540i XP battery saw...

X-CUT SP21G Chainsaw Chain Semi-chisel, PIXEL .325" mini pitch, .043 gauge

X-Precision Chainsaw Guide Bar, .325" Mini pitch, .043 gauge, small mount

Husky says this about the chain...

SP21G is a semi-chisel .325" mini ..043 gauge chain especially developed to increase the cutting speed and efficiency for full-time use battery chainsaws. The chain is energy efficient and the optimized geometry delivers a consistently smooth cut, excellent bore cut as well as improved handling and manoeuvrability. Available lengths: 12”, 14”, 16". Fits Chainsaw models: T535iXP (starting with serial number 192000001), 535iXP (starting with serial number 191900385), T540iXP, 540iXP.

I am thinking this is a reduced kickback chain? Is this a NK, narrow kerf, chain? I could not find an image of the bar where the specs are stamped into the bar to see if there is a narrow kerf logo embossed in.

I have seen some videos and users claim that the saw cuts great but I am unsure if they used the bar/chain as above. Does anyone know if a different bar/chain would provide better cutting of hardwoods or is the above just fine? Husky stated that "excellent bore cut" so that's a good indication. Just trust their engineering/promotion or what do you think?