Huskyboy meets the 572xp

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
4:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@huskyboy I have been trying to wrap my head around the kind of operation the guy you work for has. What all does he have? Grapple skidder? Buncher? Processor? Forwarder?
We’re not a big operation. He has a doosan 140 with Ryan’s head on it, Deere 648 grapple skidder, rottne fowarder and a treefarmer forwarder. I can run the skidder and forwarder if they need me to... but most of the time I’m the guy cutting the oversize, doubles and other various stuff he can’t cut with the machine. I’m also bucking up a lot of the logs... I’m still learning but I have gotten a lot better at it.

Last edited:

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get what your saying. Do you guys have veneer quality white oak or walnut? Pm me if you wish to speak over the phone. Maybe then you won't think I'm just being hard on you and you can take my advice or leave it
We’ve got a pretty good market for walnut here, I have one that’s veneer quality at my old property. Just haven’t had the time to go top it and get it on the ground.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We’re not a big operation. He has a doosan 140 with Ryan’s head on it, Deere 648 grapple skidder, rottne fowarder and a treefarmer forwarder. I can run the skidder and forwarder if they need me to... but most of the time I’m the guy cutting the oversize, doubles and other various stuff he can’t cut with the machine. I’m also bucking up a lot of the logs... I’m still learning but I have gotten a lot better at it.
Okay I got it now. Still decent sized, well for around here anyway. I find it interesting how crazy different the markets are around the country!

I miss logging, I still have my skidder and have thought about cutting a few loads this winter but time is hard to come by.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Red oak always fetches good money it seems, walnut, cherry, yellow birch (if you ever find one large enough), hard maples, ash. Conifers fluctuate alot. Aint logged in a couple years though, things could be wildly different.
16-20” sugar maples are the goldmine around here. Worth upwards of $1000 per tree to the landowner

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rarely ever see any walnut here and if you do it’s usually planted. I was driving to work the other day and was surprised to see a farmer had probably 50 planted in his field. Too small to be harvested yet though.

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dude came and topped my tree, fell it, skidded it out, loaded full length on semi. Then handed me 4G.
Walnut is king here.

Nice payday! I always thought it would've been nice to plant a bunch when younger. Almost like a retirement plan. But I seem to be getting old fast! lol