Off the grinder I also dropped the rakers to 25 thousands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
How’s the saw been treating you? Any complaints so far?
Also nice to see a full wrap on it not just a 3/4
I like it quite a bit. I like the narrower case on it vs the stihl 462. Can make a lower stump while still being dogged in vs the 462 IMO.
I have the factory full wrap for the 572, but what is in the picture is a homemade one with a 372 full wrap side. They didn’t have the factory handles here until just last week, and I wanted to run the saw, so I made my own.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There’s definitely some pros and cons to the 572 for me. I have the 462 as well and am currently running them with 32 inch bars.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
11:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There’s definitely some pros and cons to the 572 for me. I have the 462 as well and am currently running them with 32 inch bars.
The 572 feels to me like it just pulls down and grunts a bit better than the 462. Not that the 462 doesn’t have torque or isn’t fast, just less width to the powerband. More high strung and racey. Kind of like a bigger 562 almost. You probably notice this more with a long bar? The oiler also seems to me to have more output on the 572, I have it turned down a notch or two from max and it oiled a 32 good. To me it’s a great 28” saw in hardwood.

Last edited:

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The 572 feels to me like it just pulls down and grunts a bit better than the 462. Not that the 462 doesn’t have torque or isn’t fast, just less width to the powerband. More high strung and racey. Kind of like a bigger 562 almost. You probably notice this more with a long bar? The oiler also seems to me to have more output on the 572, I have it turned down a notch or two from max and it oiled a 32 good. To me it’s a great 28” saw in hardwood.
Yes, I would lean toward the 572 having a little more low end, although I am happy with how the 462 is doing. The 572 definitely kicks out more oil, but I find the 462 to oil better than the 461, so I’m happy with it. I put stiffer springs on the 572 and that really helped it feel better with a longer bar. I have ran it with a 36 here and was impressed with how it did, particularly for only being a 70.5 cc saw. The saw is not stock however.
Side note: it’s funny the opinions you get on saws. One guy thinks a saw is a piece of crap, and the next thinks it is heaven sent. Definitely seeing that with the 462 around here.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, I would lean toward the 572 having a little more low end, although I am happy with how the 462 is doing. The 572 definitely kicks out more oil, but I find the 462 to oil better than the 461, so I’m happy with it. I put stiffer springs on the 572 and that really helped it feel better with a longer bar. I have ran it with a 36 here and was impressed with how it did, particularly for only being a 70.5 cc saw. The saw is not stock however.
Side note: it’s funny the opinions you get on saws. One guy thinks a saw is a piece of crap, and the next thinks it is heaven sent. Definitely seeing that with the 462 around here.

Sounding more like the 572 is a west coast saw, seems like about 5 years ago we saw one of the test saws in at Woods Logging they tester needed a throttle cable at that point he had it for over 2 years of hard running.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sounding more like the 572 is a west coast saw, seems like about 5 years ago we saw one of the test saws in at Woods Logging they tester needed a throttle cable at that point he had it for over 2 years of hard running.

I would say so. I would certainly choose it over a 372 x torq. But I am a fan of autotune and mtronic.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
11:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would say so. I would certainly choose it over a 372 x torq. But I am a fan of autotune and mtronic.
My xt put the hurt on it pretty bad. But I cheated, its not stock :D. A stock one would never run with the 572 or 462. This one before I modded it was was 5-6 seconds slower than a 462 I compared it to in 24” oak.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
4:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
They have them at our local saw shop. Bailey’s has them as well, and I saw it on Amazon as well.
So I am assuming that cover is from the US edition 372 XPW then? From your pic it doesn't look like it fits that well. Looking at the angles of cover to handle bar mounts. The limiter looks like it may get in the way?? Not a great pic angle to get a real read on it though. The 390 cover possibly would need a 1/4" trim of the inside of the rubber deflector/protector as it does on a 372 or she will vibrate.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So I am assuming that cover is from the US edition 372 XPW then? From your pic it doesn't look like it fits that well. Looking at the angles of cover to handle bar mounts. The limiter looks like it may get in the way?? Not a great pic angle to get a real read on it though. The 390 cover possibly would need a 1/4" trim of the inside of the rubber deflector/protector as it does on a 372 or she will vibrate.
It seemed to work fine for me. I compared to the silver one that I have from the wrap kit, and I can’t see any difference except the color.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
4:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score

Thnx
Yeah the first pics with the wide cover are at different angles. the gap on the handle bars and body are opposite by picture. This is a more straight on picture. These covers are a bit tight on this saw because no other models have the grey nylon on the inside of the handlebars. 576 have it at the bottom only. I am not sure what would hit first? It is possible it may limit the travel and hit first on an under buck.. where it shouldn't. It will happen on a 372 with worn out mounts. I can here them clunk when I walk. I ran soft mounts but then it's like... "I guess it's time I better get 'round to changin' that front mount". (Probably)
They said they tested this model through winter which has been claimed to have been 10 yr in design.
If they brought that to me to test in a Northern Canadian winter with that regular cover then it would be a bust before I fired it up. It doesn't have the clearance needed for ice. I would be in there with my bar wrench evey two minutes. I would need to cut the grey nylon down at the bottom like the 576 design. The rubber tube chain protector on the bottom of the handle bar is another part I won't run in the winter. I cut them off. My Dad always says, "I good watch maker always has parts left over"
Once the bottom weld cracks then a builder/fab started putting a chuck of red heater hose on for the summer . A couple pieces work great for a bar wrench holder in the usual place if a guy wanted. He would slip on two little narrow bands spaced apart. Much better.

The cover above is really the new style 576 cover. The wide silver cover for 376 are advertised as 572 wide covers ..AND fits... 'some' 576 (by colour)

I called the orange wide cover a 372 US-XPW on my last post but all the wide covers started with 575 /570 XPW/ g from 2004. I didn't know that.
I thought originally it was a 390 xpw/ g cover. The 390 just have a wider rubber protector in the back than the others but it's the 575 design

Last edited:

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thnx
Yeah the first pics with the wide cover are at different angles. the gap on the handle bars and body are opposite by picture. This is a more straight on picture. These covers are a bit tight on this saw because no other models have the grey nylon on the inside of the handlebars. 576 have it at the bottom only. I am not sure what would hit first? It is possible it may limit the travel and hit first on an under buck.. where it shouldn't. It will happen on a 372 with worn out mounts. I can here them clunk when I walk. I ran soft mounts but then it's like... "I guess it's time I better get 'round to changin' that front mount". (Probably)
They said they tested this model through winter which has been claimed to have been 10 yr in design.
If they brought that to me to test in a Northern Canadian winter with that regular cover then it would be a bust before I fired it up. It doesn't have the clearance needed for ice. I would be in there with my bar wrench evey two minutes. I would need to cut the grey nylon down at the bottom like the 576 design. The rubber tube chain protector on the bottom of the handle bar is another part I won't run in the winter. I cut them off. My Dad always says, "I good watch maker always has parts left over"
Once the bottom weld cracks then a builder/fab started putting a chuck of red heater hose on for the summer . A couple pieces work great for a bar wrench holder in the usual place if a guy wanted. He would slip on two little narrow bands spaced apart. Much better.

The cover above is really the new style 576 cover. The wide silver cover for 376 are advertised as 572 wide covers ..AND fits... 'some' 576 (by colour)

I called the orange wide cover a 372 US-XPW on my last post but all the wide covers started with 575 /570 XPW/ g from 2004. I didn't know that.
I thought originally it was a 390 xpw/ g cover. The 390 just have a wider rubber protector in the back than the others but it's the 575 design[/QUOTE
I have a dumb question. Are you actually cutting ice, or is it just frozen wood? Good info on the covers you put there.