Hunting hogs in Tennessee

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
10:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve heard they are pretty good down in Florida. Eating mostly fruit. Just what I heard, Probly has zero merit.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
10:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any of you guys eat em?
I’ve eaten a metric *s-word-ton of wild hog throughout my life and can hunt ‘em 12 months a year here. Any time I’ve ever had one processed, I’ve always had the whole hog ground into sausage...no separate hams, shoulders, chops, loins, etc. Overcook it always, but still makes decent table fare. Trick nowadays is finding a processor that’ll fool with ‘em. Every deer processor in mid-Ga, and I’m talking dozens, used to process wild hogs decades ago, then the state required a special permit for any wild hog processing and handling. Not sure exactly what all the ‘special permit’ entailed as I haven’t had any processed in years. I only know of one or two deer processors that’ll fool with wild hogs now around mid-Ga and both are a couple of counties away.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
9:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey everyone, in mid May I will be going to Tennessee for a family vacation. We will be staying near Gatlinburg. I have not looked too far into this as a possibility but I am interested in hunting hogs. I figured there may be some trusty folks in here that could help. I did a quick search and it looks like hog season is open all year. I would be purchasing a non resident license. Most importantly before taking care of all the legalities, is there any good public hunting land in that area of Tennessee that would have some hogs. Any info is helpful, thanks.

Buddy of mine just got a four hundred pounder in Tennessee, but he used an outfitter, if you're interested in that I can try and get his contact info from him.