Hunting and shooting thread

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
5:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought 9mm federal 115 for 4o cent each yesterday and today they only had wolf left for the same price.

I can't find any 9mm 115 grain for .40 cents per round. I commend you for finding them.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can get 115g Blazer or Federal in the red box for $.25 a round here. 124 and 147 are the same price buy all i ever see is 115. I buy the Blazer when its there because i’ve had good luck with all CCI ammo.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've thought about a Wrangler to stick in the tool bag I keep in the Gator.
Let me know what you think of it, after you shoot it.

I have a Wrangler and it shoots great, just as accurate and dependable as the Single Six I used to have. Get one or three, you won't regret it!

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Hinerman
Here's that same gun store with a different accidental discharge.
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=aKpw9_1611350073
I tried to find the newspaper article but I didn't find it.
But last year in a local paper
This guy went to a gun store in parkersburg wv
And for some reason without warning tried to pull his pistol out of his waistband.
He got tangled up and it discharged
Squarely shooting through his weak hand
The employees jumped him and held him down until the police got there.
He kept saying he just wanted to show off his gun?
The gunstore actually didn't press charges
They felt his stupidity was punishment enough.
Before this is the same idiot that pointed a loaded .308 fn fal rifle at a friend of mine when my friend dropped
His wife off at his house one time
He said he was just playing around.
He's not allowed to ever be around me or my friend.

People like this are the worst enemy of our gun rights, even more so than the gun ban crowd. Instead of the millions who carry guns every day safely and legally, the general public is going to remember imbeciles like him.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
People like this are the worst enemy of our gun rights, even more so than the gun ban crowd. Instead of the millions who carry guns every day safely and legally, the general public is going to remember imbeciles like him.

True statement.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the past month there has been 4 kids shot and killed here playing with guns they had access to.

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Wrangler and it shoots great, just as accurate and dependable as the Single Six I used to have. Get one or three, you won't regret it!
599.00 for a stainless single six convertible is insane.
I paid 410.00 for One year's ago
Adjustable sights is the only thing I miss
But I'd buy three of these to a single six.

The g3c went up 20.00 279.00 still a great deal
The g3 is 249.00 the same as always.
My friends have bought several they are very impressed
Top tier pistol performance at affordable prices.
I'm liking the caniks but they are a bit more expensive.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
599.00 for a stainless single six convertible is insane.
I paid 410.00 for One year's ago
Adjustable sights is the only thing I miss
But I'd buy three of these to a single six.

The g3c went up 20.00 279.00 still a great deal
The g3 is 249.00 the same as always.
My friends have bought several they are very impressed
Top tier pistol performance at affordable prices.
I'm liking the caniks but they are a bit more expensive.
My sister just paid $249 for the G3C so i’m going with her to shoot it today. I’ll shoot my TX 22 because its cheap to shoot.

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
d19dc73a70cf2c1e194b8eb623072304.jpg

Sent from Hoskey hilltop

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
4:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will do I'm working until Tues before I can try it.

My wife went into the farm & home this morning for dog food and came home with a black Wrangler.

The trigger broke at 6.5lbs, none of the chambers are in time, the cylinder was hard to rotate and the loading gate stiff as hell, to open.
I lifted one of the legs from the trigger return spring and brought the trigger down to a hair under 3lbs, with very little creep. I cleaned/lubricated everything and put a little heavy grease on the loading gate cam.
The cylinder now turns with no resistance and the loading gate is a bit easier to open.
The timing is still off but when the hammer is cocked as I normally do, the centrifugal force locks the cylinder.

After the clean/lube and lightening the trigger, I went to the backyard range for a trial run.
The gun is a hoot to shoot. I went thorough around 100 rds and would have shot more but my thumb was getting sore from opening the loading gate.
Accuracy is much better than it should be for a $200 gun. I didn't shoot any groups on paper, but was pounding the small spring loaded poppers set at various distances on my range. I have a small cylinder hanging at 50 yds.
I was able to hit it pretty consistently, after figuring out the elevation.
Overall, I'm very pleased with the gun. It's fun to shoot and is surprisingly accurate. For $200, I can live with the issues that need attention. I'm pretty sure I'll end up with at least one more.
@Czed, I look forward to your thoughts, when you shoot yours.
image.jpeg

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My sister just paid $249 for the G3C so i’m going with her to shoot it today. I’ll shoot my TX 22 because its cheap to shoot.
I'll buy another tx .22 absolutely
One of my favorite .22s
It and the s&w compact .22 are extremely accurate and comfortable
With great triggers imho
These new generation pistols have really impressed me
But the smith is 150.00 more or I'd buy another lol
My friend has 3 tx .22s now
I want a safety version not to use the safety but as a thumb rest.
I used to be ruger mark series only fan but honestly the reliability of the later pistols and I had 5 of the mark 3 22/45
Different barrel's lengths made me mad
Great accuracy but they
Jammed often and difficult to clean.
My friends new mark 4
The action pin walked out after a few shots
20200205_160420.jpg

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My wife went into the farm & home this morning for dog food and came home with a black Wrangler.

The trigger broke at 6.5lbs, none of the chambers are in time, the cylinder was hard to rotate and the loading gate stiff as hell, to open.
I lifted one of the legs from the trigger return spring and brought the trigger down to a hair under 3lbs, with very little creep. I cleaned/lubricated everything and put a little heavy grease on the loading gate cam.
The cylinder now turns with no resistance and the loading gate is a bit easier to open.
The timing is still off but when the hammer is cocked as I normally do, the centrifugal force locks the cylinder.

After the clean/lube and lightening the trigger, I went to the backyard range for a trial run.
The gun is a hoot to shoot. I went thorough around 100 rds and would have shot more but my thumb was getting sore from opening the loading gate.
Accuracy is much better than it should be for a $200 gun. I didn't shoot any groups on paper, but was pounding the small spring loaded poppers set at various distances on my range. I have a small cylinder hanging at 50 yds.
I was able to hit it pretty consistently, after figuring out the elevation.
Overall, I'm very pleased with the gun. It's fun to shoot and is surprisingly accurate. For $200, I can live with the issues that need attention. I'm pretty sure I'll end up with at least one more.
@Czed, I look forward to your thoughts, when you shoot yours.
View attachment 279354
I'm not the best revolver shot lol
Mines in time and about 4lbs with a little creep
It should smooth out when shooting.
It operates smoothly but does have a slightly stiff loading gate
Haven't fired it yet.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine is in time, I would guess the trigger pull is around 5 pounds. The loading gate on the Wrangler is stiff because it has a free spin cylinder, unlike the Single Six. The loading gate does get easier the more you use it. I would love to see an adjustable sight Wrangler, even if it costs more.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
200 rd Winchester FMJ 55gr .223 here at Academy for $89.99 (.45 cent/rd), .48 cent/rd after 7% sales tax. The fourth 200 rd box I’ve bought in about four weeks. Just hit and miss as hell as to when Academy has it.

View attachment 279600

Thanks for the heads up. We have one close. The day I went in the shelves were pretty much bare. They had 3 handguns in the display case.
I was looking for ammo.