High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sore today. ....
And need a nap

Just got up from one.[emoji106]

Poulan 225 on the bench. New spur drum and starter pulley. New duckbill in the oiler check.
f3a33fb8cdf804cdba7a90e30877779a.jpg

No oil to the bar mount yet.[emoji35]

BrettL

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like a rough week for some of us. Sorry for your loss Mike.

I'm just catching up here as my mom went into the er this weekend after a stroke. It was what they call a TIA stroke, or a warning stroke. As I understood it, the cells recover as opposed to cells dying in a full blown stroke. She's back home with Daisy the beagle, and back to life as normal.

Welcome Dustin.

Good rain here in Wichita. I hope this clears up for us to do some cutting Brian.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sounds like a rough week for some of us. Sorry for your loss Mike.

I'm just catching up here as my mom went into the er this weekend after a stroke. It was what they call a TIA stroke, or a warning stroke. As I understood it, the cells recover as opposed to cells dying in a full blown stroke. She's back home with Daisy the beagle, and back to life as normal.

Welcome Dustin.

Good rain here in Wichita. I hope this clears up for us to do some cutting Brian.
Absolutely. I've got a tree line to finish and a small 10 acre pasture w/5-15x smaller (12-24") Hedge trees that need removed and now a S.S. to split them with. We can both make out like bandits if you have a wood burner!

BrettL

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh and I had someone tell me a slick way of getting unwanted turtles out of a pond. Not sure how well it work the guy does tell some tall tall tails of his badassery

My uncle would float a pallet on the pond. The turtles climb on to sun themselves and you shoot them.

BrettL

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Absolutely. I've got a tree line to finish and a small 10 acre pasture w/5-15x smaller (12-24") Hedge trees that need removed and now a S.S. to split them with. We can both make out like bandits if you have a wood burner!

Sounds great! My parents burn hedge. I just have to figure out why my 86 w250 isn't recharging. Alternator and battery both test good. Other than checking grounds and other direct connections to those 2 components, I really don't know where to start looking.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Any corrosion to speak of and what's the ground coming off of the battery look like? Didn't those also have an external voltage regulator, or am I confusing it with the starter relay? 351?

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well we got a soaker today my mom dumped 41/2"out of the rain gauge.
Hell, it'll be a week at this rate before I mow anywhere. Mine isn't bad yet, but the neighbor's yard is getting there and will be beyond there when I can get in w/o sinking or rutting it up with the new toy... I reckon in conditions like this, the mowers I'm going to buy off of @Louie B might come in real handy being lighter and smaller. They'll be handier on the city yards too compared to a 21" mower time-wise.

BrettL

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any corrosion to speak of and what's the ground coming off of the battery look like? Didn't those also have an external voltage regulator, or am I confusing it with the starter relay? 351?

Its got the 318. Everything coming off the battery looks clean. I'm using the same battery in the little Nissan D21, its only 550cca. For a 3/4ton truck with a small v8, it seems a small battery in physical size and cranking amps. I don't see how that would lead to this recharging issue, but I'll be picking up a new battery anyway so I have one for each truck.lol I'll be checking on the voltage regulator and wires at the starter tomorrow.