High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
2:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh and I had someone tell me a slick way of getting unwanted turtles out of a pond. Not sure how well it work the guy does tell some tall tall tails of his badassery

Last edited:

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wanna zap a few catfish with it.
Does it kill em, or stunn them?

Mostly stuns them. My dad had a phone crank hanging in his garage. I asked him what it was. He told me, then he told me he used to go to the river with his mother (my Indian grandmother I told you guys about a couple years ago when she passed). My dad ran the phone and his mother manned the net. He said the fish float to the top and you scoop them. Sometimes, when you touch them with the net, it wakes them up, so if it is a big catfish you better be ready.

I would give a kidney if I could go back in time and see them on the river. I can imagine the smile on my grandmother's face and her eyes wide open, yelling at my dad, "Look here Tom, look at the size of this one! Oh my God! Tom, we gonna eat good tonight."

sawnami

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will it shock you? Does it generate that much juice?
Depends on how strong the magnets are and how fast you crank it. Only one I've got is still in the old phone we used when I was a kid. Usually just stuns them and you just net the ones that you want and the rest come to in a while and swim away.
Back in the day when we got serious we used a seine and drug it toward a trammel net to pretty much vacuum up anything swimming and pick out the ones we wanted removed and released the rest. Most of the ponds that we did it in were overpopulated and we hardly every came out with any legendary monsters. You might come out with a few hundered bass exactly the same size with disproportionately large heads and small bodies and almost white due to the constantly muddy water so they weren't too pretty. Came up with some of the biggest baddest snapping turtles that I ever saw doing that.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A small farm pond is easily ruined by removing the large bass or catfish. The population of the small ones needs to be kept in check.
Overpopulated?
Not with these boys around.
I need to thin the hogs so the boys have plenty of small bass to catch next couple of years.
Great hatch last year, those catfish will eat 100 a piece this spring.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Overpopulated?
Not with these boys around.
I need to thin the hogs so the boys have plenty of small bass to catch next couple of years.
Great hatch last year, those catfish will eat 100 a piece this spring.

I will get with my dad and see if he still has his and if I can borrow it. We can have a catfish zappin', discus throwin', wood cuttin', steak eatin' :) afternoon. I want to see a phone in action.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mostly stuns them. My dad had a phone crank hanging in his garage. I asked him what it was. He told me, then he told me he used to go to the river with his mother (my Indian grandmother I told you guys about a couple years ago when she passed). My dad ran the phone and his mother manned the net. He said the fish float to the top and you scoop them. Sometimes, when you touch them with the net, it wakes them up, so if it is a big catfish you better be ready.

I would give a kidney if I could go back in time and see them on the river. I can imagine the smile on my grandmother's face and her eyes wide open, yelling at my dad, "Look here Tom, look at the size of this one! Oh my God! Tom, we gonna eat good tonight."

My Grandma would of been like ( Its your ass if you mess this up) And this is jist a guess on my part after moral hunting with her. I was small there for I went in to the plum thickets. Man I miss her.

SteveSS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Evening folks. Weathergal says more rain tomorrow...pretty much all day. I'm about ready for a little sunshine. Might have to mow though if that happens.