High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Workshop Steve, have you ever been to this event in Gainesville?
We generally avoid shindigs of any kind, but this has me sorta curious.....
View attachment 434328
We’ve never actually been to it but, yes, it’s a huge thing for Ozark County and Gainesville. We’ve always wanted to go but time keeps getting away from us.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We’ve never actually been to it but, yes, it’s a huge thing for Ozark County and Gainesville. We’ve always wanted to go but time keeps getting away from us.
I see.....it just intrigues me......I mean, they've got outhouse races and everything....

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see.....it just intrigues me......I mean, they've got outhouse races and everything....
Nixa has something similar called “Sucker Days” in the spring. Teenagers back in 50’s would ditch school to go fishing for sucker fish. The town decided to make it like a city holiday and give the kids a real reason to go fish. Part of the festival is a big sucker fish fry. People spend a few weeks catching fish and a local grocery store lets them stock them in their cooler.
Hootin and hollerin has been going on as long or longer.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nixa has something similar called “Sucker Days” in the spring. Teenagers back in 50’s would ditch school to go fishing for sucker fish. The town decided to make it like a city holiday and give the kids a real reason to go fish. Part of the festival is a big sucker fish fry. People spend a few weeks catching fish and a local grocery store lets them stock them in their cooler.
Hootin and hollerin has been going on as long or longer.
I loke it.....just good o'l hillbilly fun!
So much better than what most people do for recreation these days, imo.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I loke it.....just good o'l hillbilly fun!
So much better than what most people do for recreation these days, imo.
Lots of booths there. All kinds of crafts and stuff for sale. Lots of music and dancing.
Country, gospel, square dancing. Car shows.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lots of booths there. All kinds of crafts and stuff for sale. Lots of music and dancing.
Country, gospel, square dancing. Car shows.
The thing I like about logger’s days in birch tree is the bluegrass music they play on the square there..

I’d bet hootin and hollerin has that same vibe.

That and the free prime rib dinner at open range after Levi wins “bull of the woods”..
Cuz winner gotta buy.

I think Thomas enjoys that also... lol,.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20240919_121248.jpg
IMG_20240921_151112.jpg
IMG_20240921_084134.jpg
Brother and nephew caught limits in short amount of time on Thursday and only 14 for us today. Started raining just as we put the boat in and we took refuge under a bridge for some time until it let up. Kept picking up a few until the sun came out strong and then they switched off. No rain at home, passed north and kept going. This is the season for small town festivals. Newtonia fall festival is next Saturday, boy is in the band and some relations usually sing afterwards. Not much else going on except a few craft sellers, but you can visit the civil war mansion and do a tour. I'll try to take some pictures this time. One of the rooms was used as a hospital and the floor is painted because of the blood soaking into it.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey Kenneth..

View attachment 434284

Needs a couple licks off the guides on a ported saw, but you were right on the bore cutting.
I used a fresh loop of the full chiz on a Luck dog special today. Your spot on that the rakers need attention if you are ported.
Damm Shaun @srcarr52 that saw is running better with each heat cycle / tank of fuel. Thanks again.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used a fresh loop of the full chiz on a Luck dog special today. Your spot on that the rakers need attention if you are ported.
Damm Shaun @srcarr52 that saw is running better with each heat cycle / tank of fuel. Thanks again.
What saw is it?

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The thing I like about logger’s days in birch tree is the bluegrass music they play on the square there..

I’d bet hootin and hollerin has that same vibe.

That and the free prime rib dinner at open range after Levi wins “bull of the woods”..
Cuz winner gotta buy.

I think Thomas enjoys that also... lol,.
Why yes, yes I do; very much in fact...

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag