High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a question on diesel engines. I put a new 170 degree thermostat in my Bolens/Iseki tractor engine. It’s a 3 cylinder Mitsubishi engine. I’ve got a new mechanical temperature gauge. It seems to run hot, at least to me. Gauge shows about 210 degrees. It’s got new antifreeze mixed 50/50. I spray washed the radiator cooling fins and cleans the radiator pre-screen. Belts tight, fan pulling good air. I know gas engines normally run about 5-10 degrees above what the thermostat opens at but very little experience with diesel engines.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They just finished the 2nd cutting, and the grass is still looking pretty happy, I've seen them cut decent looking hay in mid November here, so if the weather cooperates it's a likelihood I think.

We've had a good growing summer.

Did you get any moisture from this batch?
No

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 434294

“Jasper county trash”
Hackberry, cherry, mulberry, thorny locust and a few oak chunks from who knows where..
Have a winter GTG and I will see how much heat we can get out of that “trash”. I bet You will have the doors open.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a question on diesel engines. I put a new 170 degree thermostat in my Bolens/Iseki tractor engine. It’s a 3 cylinder Mitsubishi engine. I’ve got a new mechanical temperature gauge. It seems to run hot, at least to me. Gauge shows about 210 degrees. It’s got new antifreeze mixed 50/50. I spray washed the radiator cooling fins and cleans the radiator pre-screen. Belts tight, fan pulling good air. I know gas engines normally run about 5-10 degrees above what the thermostat opens at but very little experience with diesel engines.
Don’t know anything about tractors or diesel’s in general; but my truck runs around 210 also. Was told that’s normal. Seems high to me also

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
thats a little hot for me. do you have another gauge you can borrow to verify temp? like infrared temp gun on head or water neck? does that even have a water pump? reason i ask is some of the smaller yanmar 2-3 cylinders dont have a pump just use thermal convection to circulate the water. if that is the case internal core flow could be bad. a lot of the old diesels run a 160-165 thermostat. i dont have any good sources for those tractors but there is a good following for them. if it was a yanmar there are a few good websites for them.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Workshop Steve, have you ever been to this event in Gainesville?
We generally avoid shindigs of any kind, but this has me sorta curious.....
View attachment 434328

We run the paper in Gainesville, I think it’s a pretty big deal for them.

Oh, and it’s hotter than *s-word right now. Still...