High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
G'morn, what you shared about that late model pickup reminds me of what I heard about a Buick suv. Stop at a light, engine dies, take foot from brake touch gas engine starts. Don't wanna find out what a starter costs for it ! Think about stop n go city driving for cycling the process
Broncos w/turbo 3 cylinder have trouble getting out of their own way from my experience. Rather spend same money on a 1967 with interesting power, for more fun
@Sawdust Man just 100. Down south that may be underachieving lol . If we get rain or not hope your area gets some cooler, have good cloud cover locally

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
G'morn, what you shared about that late model pickup reminds me of what I heard about a Buick suv. Stop at a light, engine dies, take foot from brake touch gas engine starts. Don't wanna find out what a starter costs for it ! Think about stop n go city driving for cycling the process
Broncos w/turbo 3 cylinder have trouble getting out of their own way from my experience. Rather spend same money on a 1967 with interesting power, for more fun
@Sawdust Man just 100. Down south that may be underachieving lol . If we get rain or not hope your area gets some cooler, have good cloud cover locally
I've been thinking about restoring a '72 2 door Chevelle and modernizing it a bit. For what the new shiz costs it's looking a lot more cost friendly, especially when one factors in that a home mechanic should still be able to work on it for a bunch more years.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good morning folks.
We are still experiencing the drizzle rains that started yesterday afternoon at the place up north, currently at 0.8" for the event.
I've got outside stuffs to do so I'm think it's about time to try to dodge those drizzled. haha

The misses mentioned in town they have received 2+" 's since dinnertime last evening.

Last edited:

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dad’s new buggy has that option, it’s bizarre driving it, fortunately you can turn that option off.

A couple of other strange options:
1) The lane keeping system will really throw you for a loop, while driving the vehicle it will pull one way or the other, just like driving in high winds or having a low tire.

Cruise control speed adjustments, if the sensor think you are too close to the vehicle in front it senses it & gradually starts slowing down, sometimes it does it while passing people or they pass you.

On a different with all those “safety features “ it will haul azz, near as I can tell there is no shutdown limit switch on driving speed. It hit 121 mph & could of gone for more, or so I was told 😉

Mothers pickup shuts down at 105-108
My wife’s buggy shuts down at 95

They are all Fords.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
On a different with all those “safety features “ it will haul azz, near as I can tell there is no shutdown limit switch on driving speed. It hit 121 mph & could of gone for more, or so I was told 😉

Mothers pickup shuts down at 105-108
My wife’s buggy shuts down at 95

They are all Fords.
A lot of the imposed speed limiters were initially added as manufactures were putting on tires that weren't rated for anything more. To many blowouts at higher speed. Now there are several ways to change that mfr imposed speed limiter.

Ask me how me and my HPtuner's know about that. There are many other reprogrammer's, this is just what I have on hand.

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wind took out a few limbs around the area, this maple lost its battle at my folks place. I will get a splits of camp fire wood out of it.

Just waiting on the skid steer to clean up before start hacking up what I want.

IMG_0338.jpeg

We had a Ponderosa get topped at the local township cemetery so I will be headed that way either this evening or tomorrow morning to clean up the small debris & start logging or piecing it up. It will make some nice stove wood.

IMG_1027.jpegIMG_1023.jpegIMG_1025.jpeg

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wind took out a few limbs around the area, this maple lost its battle at my folks place. I will get a splits of camp fire wood out of it.

Just waiting on the skid steer to clean up before start hacking up what I want.

View attachment 428110

We had a Ponderosa get topped at the local township cemetery so I will be headed that way either this evening or tomorrow morning to clean up the small debris & start logging or piecing it up. It will make some nice stove wood.

View attachment 428111View attachment 428112View attachment 428113
Ornery weather. 👎

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Somebody in town has a couple year-old male beagles they're trying to give away.
I thought about it, but not sure they are a good idea with ducks and chickens on the place.
My current beagle is not a chicken fan, he killed my buddy’s wife’s favorite rooster & had a chicken cornered until I put a boot in his arse. I haven’t had anymore problems since.
He is a darn fine coon hound though, he doesn’t like possums, groundhogs, coyotes or deer either.

The last beagle was chicken killer too, before I got him from my brother, he killed 6 chickens that belonged to my folks neighbor.

If I thought I could get 4 dogs in the tractor cab, I would be all over those beagles.

It gets pretty crowded with an 85# lab, a 25# beagle & myself.

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's true.....food prices are insane these days.
Squirrel is called "tree rat" after all. In my youth had a pellet gun that'd drop squirrels at a fare distance. When there was a mess in freezer mashed taters n gravy, fried squirrels and the other sides
Radar agrees with guessers rain from nrwest in 80 minutes r so I truly hope. Nok heat off ground, sink in, no coming up as humidity in the morning

Last edited: