High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm really out of the loop on new vehicles. Are 8 speed transmissions fairly common? I remember when 6 speed was considered a lot of gears. Looks nice regardless!
Yea the 8spd is common anymore. This is the same trans as the hellcats have just a little light version of it. Several of the new vehicles out now have 10spd trans in them

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
12:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was contacted earlier this year wanting my land for a solar farm and I told them to stick it. They got to the point of calling my parents even 3 or 4 times a day when I wouldn't answer their phone calls when I was working. I sent them an e-mail telling them to not contact any of us again. Supposed to be some veteran backed company, but it seemed to be more of a taxpayer funded lavish lifestyle for the company heads. Put them in the towns on top of the buildings that use the most electricity anyway.
Exactly!!

The thought of covering up productive ground makes my head hurt..

Dumb bastards..

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
EEBDC7CA-BAF1-4C49-B43F-BB86F1254B14.jpeg

On another note..

I’m nearing 50 tanks or so on this little *s-word..

Been through 2 chains already. Gotta say, it’s been a solid performer. Don’t weigh anything. And unlike the MS 170, it has an adjustable carb and the Oiler works always. Good truck saw.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 377706

On another note..

Been through 2 chains already. Gotta say, it’s been a solid performer. Don’t weigh anything. And unlike the MS 170, it has an adjustable carb and the Oiler works always. Good truck saw.
I've been killing cedars with one of those little guys for about two years now, pretty good saws actually.
Definitely better than my 180, (as long as the wood is really little) good av and really light weight, but no torque.

My first one died of stupid carburetor syndrome, but Home Depot gave me a new saw after about 11 months of hard use.....free.

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been killing cedars with one of those little guys for about two years now, pretty good saws actually.
Definitely better than my 180, (as long as the wood is really little) good av and really light weight, but no torque.

My first one died of stupid carburetor syndrome, but Home Depot gave me a new saw after about 11 months of hard use.....free.
They can’t weigh but 8 pounds or so.

And run forever on a tank of gas.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They can’t weigh but 8 pounds or so.

And run forever on a tank of gas.
8 and a little bit I think it is.
Yeah it don't burn much fuel at all.

My biggest gripe is the front handle just doesn't feel right in my hands.....to far back, and not enough of that good Husqvarna angle stuff.... been thinking about heating it up with a heat gun and customizing it a bit.....if I can ever find my heat gun in the disaster we call a shop.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 377706

On another note..

Port it…

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
8 and a little bit I think it is.
Yeah it don't burn much fuel at all.

My biggest gripe is the front handle just doesn't feel right in my hands.....to far back, and not enough of that good Husqvarna angle stuff.... been thinking about heating it up with a heat gun and customizing it a bit.....if I can ever find my heat gun in the disaster we call a shop.
I thought I was the only one with a shop like that.
I walk around like an Ostrich in mine.

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Redonkerous weather here, Saturday & yesterday it was mid 80’s with 70% humidity; lots of coolant being leaked so I turned the a/c on. Took a nap with a grand daughter late yesterday afternoon & got to go outside it was 62* with a north wind. Today it’s 55* & rainy with a bit of north wind.

I had to get a sweatshirt back out.

We had .23” rain Friday night & 1.05” overnight last night.

I was hoping we would be done planting before haying started but it’s not looking that way with the guessers extended forecast. At least the beefs will have some grub to eat.

I talked to a guy yesterday that said cornstalk bales are selling for $95 - $145 each & his buyer told him he would buy all his alfalfa for $220 a bale this year.