High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
4:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I heard on radio that interstate 90 is closed from chaimberlan to rapid city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
94 is closed from Fargo to Bismarck.

Also people drive like *s-word up here in snow. And school was called off for tomorrow after only 8 inches of forecasted snow.

Really unimpressed with softness of people up here.

That almost sounds like what goes on out here. Degradation of society, is a heck of a thing to watch.

It's like having a front row seat to the fall of Rome......

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning
45 now, sposta be 52 later with more of this rain we don't need..... already got mud a plenty....
Yessir, more'n enough here but it's above 50° for a few and I'm over the weekend flu visit. 1st coffee since Saturday night and no food yet.
Seems the right time to get in the flowing creek to thank our Creator for all the gifts recieved, including the negatives that I didn't know I missed.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
94 is closed from Fargo to Bismarck.

Also people drive like *s-word up here in snow. And school was called off for tomorrow after only 8 inches of forecasted snow.

Really unimpressed with softness of people up here.

It's like having a front row seat to the fall of Rome......
They don’t get much snow in Somalia...
Or turdbrokenstan...

BrettL

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Newest family member 2.0 eager beaver
Just needs some carb work

This is the saw we had when I was a kid. A surprisingly capable saw for the size. I've heard they're a pain to work on. I have at least half dozen Mac top handles of different models that I want to get running. I have a few MacBricks as well

Last edited:

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally fired up the Farmertec 066/MS660.

Won’t idle at all. Got the low side screwed way out but still too lean. High side acts normal.

Aftermarket carbs can be crap.

Oils like the Exxon Valdez. Turned all the way down.

Bryan Newton

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the saw we had when I was a kid. A surprisingly capable saw for the size. I've heard they're a pain to work on. I have at least half dozen Mac top handles of different models that I want to get running. I have a few MacBricks as well

I have 3 mccullough right now the eager beaver, a ac 10-10 automatic, and 610 I believe that's what it is

Bryan Newton

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Won’t idle at all. Got the low side screwed way out but still too lean. High side acts normal.

Yes after market carb are hit or miss I have got some thar work some that leak fuel out gaskets and out the jets with saw just sitting

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 3 mccullough right now the eager beaver, a ac 10-10 automatic, and 610 I believe that's what it is
While I sai “Oh, no” to the mini Mac, they’re not a bad saw once you get used to working on them. I don’t know how many years they were made but there is probably 50 different ways that McCulloch designed them. Best advise is use YouTube to learn the basics of getting them apart. They’re not that bad. The thing to remember is when putting it back together replace everything inside and put it together carefully. There’s a lot of things that have to happen at the same time sliding the power assembly back into the outer case and if you miss or goof just 1 thing you’re going to be pulling everything back apart. Everything has to be perfect. I mean PERFECT.
The 10-10 is a real good saw to learn on. Not bad to work on. If it’s an older one that has points it’s best to pay attention to getting the points set correctly. So it will start easier. (They’re known to be hard starting cold.) Make sure the impulse port is clean. Fuel lines can be hard to find, when you find them buy several.
The -10 series, what I call them starts with the 1-10 then 2-10, 3-10, 4-10, 5-10, 6-10, 7-10, and 10-10. There is no 8 or 9-10. All are 54cc except the 6-10 and 7-10. Those are 70cc. If they say “Super” as part of the name they are 57cc, if I recall. Such as 10-10 Super or Super 10-10. The 3-10 and the 10-10 also were available as electric start. The 3-10E and the 10-10E. I have a 10-10E. I was fortunate to get a 1-10 from Alan. I have four 2-10’s, a 3-10, a couple of 6-10’s, a pair of 7-10’s and a crap ton of 10-10’s.
The PM610, aka “ Brick” are good runners. Easy to start and run nice. There are different models of that line. All start with PM. The 605, the 610 (most abundant), the 650 and the 655. The 605 is about 55cc. The rest are all 60cc. The main difference between them is port design and port timing. The 650 and 655 have compression release. Use it. It’s not to save your arm, it’s to save the recoil.
What I like about the -10 saws is that there are a ton of variations that the -10 was the base of. PM 55, PM 555, PM 70 and 700. The list is long.
When I first started collecting saws I grabbed everything I found, which was mostly Homelite around here. While I still grab the “Odd Brand” I settled on McCulloch as what grabs my attention. I’ll stop every time to check one out.

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good noon,

I think thas why God created number bits to open up those too small diameter openings. Just a bit at a time til ya reach that's about right flo.

Bryan Newton

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While I sai “Oh, no” to the mini Mac, they’re not a bad saw once you get used to working on them. I don’t know how many years they were made but there is probably 50 different ways that McCulloch designed them. Best advise is use YouTube to learn the basics of getting them apart. They’re not that bad. The thing to remember is when putting it back together replace everything inside and put it together carefully. There’s a lot of things that have to happen at the same time sliding the power assembly back into the outer case and if you miss or goof just 1 thing you’re going to be pulling everything back apart. Everything has to be perfect. I mean PERFECT.

The 10-10 is a real good saw to learn on. Not bad to work on. If it’s an older one that has points it’s best to pay attention to getting the points set correctly. So it will start easier. (They’re known to be hard starting cold.) Make sure the impulse port is clean. Fuel lines can be hard to find, when you find them buy several.

The -10 series, what I call them starts with the 1-10 then 2-10, 3-10, 4-10, 5-10, 6-10, 7-10, and 10-10. There is no 8 or 9-10. All are 54cc except the 6-10 and 7-10. Those are 70cc. If they say “Super” as part of the name they are 57cc, if I recall. Such as 10-10 Super or Super 10-10. The 3-10 and the 10-10 also were available as electric start. The 3-10E and the 10-10E. I have a 10-10E. I was fortunate to get a 1-10 from Alan. I have four 2-10’s, a 3-10, a couple of 6-10’s, a pair of 7-10’s and a crap ton of 10-10’s.

The PM610, aka “ Brick” are good runners. Easy to start and run nice. There are different models of that line. All start with PM. The 605, the 610 (most abundant), the 650 and the 655. The 605 is about 55cc. The rest are all 60cc. The main difference between them is port design and port timing. The 650 and 655 have compression release. Use it. It’s not to save your arm, it’s to save the recoil.

What I like about the -10 saws is that there are a ton of variations that the -10 was the base of. PM 55, PM 555, PM 70 and 700. The list is long.

When I first started collecting saws I grabbed everything I found, which was mostly Homelite around here. While I still grab the “Odd Brand” I settled on McCulloch as what grabs my attention. I’ll stop every time to check one out.

I am a husky fan but I don't have any old huskies just old echo, partner, homelite, macs, older Poulans and craftsman as well as a neotec 660 clone

But I'm dont plan on keeping the poulans and definitely not keeping the craftsmans

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am a husky fan but I don't have any old huskies just old echo, partner, homelite, macs, older Poulans and craftsman as well as a neotec 660 clone

But I'm dont plan on keeping the poulans and definitely not keeping the craftsmans
What Craftsman’s are they?