High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here’s the Fair Queen helping pick up hay with one of her sisters, my brothers 15yo son & our cousin.
Wayne is going to post up a vid of my niece & nephew using standing bales for tackling dummies. I had to show them how it was done, no pics or vids of that.
2AD5CB18-9F1B-428A-AAA0-EADB918CA61C.jpeg

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here’s the Fair Queen helping pick up hay with one of her sisters, my brothers 15yo son & our cousin.
Wayne is going to post up a vid of my niece & nephew using standing bales for tackling dummies. I had to show them how it was done, no pics or vids of that.
View attachment 344248

Here ya go.

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This must have been at the beginning of the day. At the end of a day of bucking bales, I would not have the energy for tackling.
We only did 500 bales, those were the last 2 bales. I propped them up for a race & form tackling judging. There is always energy to be found when a bit of competition is to be had.

WoodAbuser

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm all worn out just reading about 500 bales. Wish I had some of those kids get up and go. Mine all got up and left.

We only did 500 bales, those were the last 2 bales. I propped them up for a race & form tackling judging. There is always energy to be found when a bit of competition is to be had.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sometimes just knowing it’s all but done can give you a little boost of energy.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning fellas! Well, it finally happened, we got rain. .94" to be exact. More than we've had the last 4 months combined, at least where I am. I checked with my cousin, aunt and a buddy and everyone else got rain too. Lowest was .65". So, the storm actually covered quite a bit of area, at least 35 miles north to south, which is becoming rare, the past several years. It's usually spotty when we do get storms nowadays.

Hopefully, this is enough for the corn and feed to turn the corner and produce a decent yield. Our extended outlook is in the 80's and low 90's for the next couple weeks, so that'll help.

Have a good day everyone!

WoodAbuser

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning fellas! Well, it finally happened, we got rain. .94" to be exact. More than we've had the last 4 months combined, at least where I am. I checked with my cousin, aunt and a buddy and everyone else got rain too. Lowest was .65". So, the storm actually covered quite a bit of area, at least 35 miles north to south, which is becoming rare, the past several years. It's usually spotty when we do get storms nowadays.

Hopefully, this is enough for the corn and feed to turn the corner and produce a decent yield. Our extended outlook is in the 80's and low 90's for the next couple weeks, so that'll help.

Have a good day everyone!

Glad to hear you finally got some rain.

Roadfxr

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well in a follow up to the other night when we barely got a tenth at home. I pulled into our workshop this morning which is 18 miles south of my place. Walked up to rain gauge and it had right at an inch in it. Just so much hit an miss this last several years.

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s only supposed to be about 72* here today, the weather guessers are calling for excessive rainfall here. 1”-1.50” o_O Apparently the gomers in the concrete jungles think 1-1.50” of rain is excessive but I would say it’s minimalistic. I just hope it comes to fruition.

All week they are barking about mild temps & chances of rain.

I was thinking it would be a great week to cut some posts & firewood but that thought was quelled by a couple phone calls from folks wanting to move grain. :(

Hopefully I will still have a few hours in the evenings so I guess it’s all good.

WoodAbuser

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s only supposed to be about 72* here today, the weather guessers are calling for excessive rainfall here. 1”-1.50” o_O Apparently the gomers in the concrete jungles think 1-1.50” of rain is excessive but I would say it’s minimalistic. I just hope it comes to fruition.

I was thinking it would be a great week to cut some posts & firewood but that thought was quelled by a couple phone calls from folks wanting to move grain. :(

Hopefully I will still have a few hours in the evenings so I guess it’s all good.

Well if u haul more beans u can have another cigar.

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well if u haul more beans u can have another cigar.
I brought some cigarillos today, 3 loads of beans then switching to corn for 3 loads for these folks then back to beans for my buddy Chase they are going down to @67L36Driver neck of the woods.

89826DC7-CA6B-4E8A-B67E-E3CD4713E900.jpeg

Last edited:

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well in a follow up to the other night when we barely got a tenth at home. I pulled into our workshop this morning which is 18 miles south of my place. Walked up to rain gauge and it had right at an inch in it. Just so much hit an miss this last several years.

Glad you guys got some too. There's times that the town to the west 10 miles will get an inch, we get nothing, then the town 12 miles east will get an inch and the storm system may only be 10 or 15 miles north to south, with spots all over in that system.

It's 1:22 pm and it's only 68 degrees here. Shoot, that was barely the overnight temp a few days last week. Last week this time, it was 40 degrees hotter right now. Crazy how much moisture in the air and ground cools things down.

My pile of logs is calling my name this week as well. I'm a fair weather firewood processor. If it's too hot, that task waits.

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad you guys got some too. There's times that the town to the west 10 miles will get an inch, we get nothing, then the town 12 miles east will get an inch and the storm system may only be 10 or 15 miles north to south, with spots all over in that system.

It's 1:22 pm and it's only 68 degrees here. Shoot, that was barely the overnight temp a few days last week. Last week this time, it was 40 degrees hotter right now. Crazy how much moisture in the air and ground cools things down.

My pile of logs is calling my name this week as well. I'm a fair weather firewood processor. If it's too hot, that task waits.

Sawdust and sweat don’t mix well

Sent from Hoskey Hills

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sawdust and sweat don’t mix well

Sent from Hoskey Hills

Especially if a person sweats like I do, it's ridiculous. Lol

I don't like suffering in the heat ruining something I enjoy. Running saws and splitting wood is about my favorite thing to do. So I like to make sure I'm not miserable while doing it.