High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
1:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Dub11
What do the crops look like up there in the land of The Thundering Herd ?

From what I could see from the road the corn and beans looked good. Was driving back to Kansas yesterday and was on 29 about an hour north of Omaha and saw someone irritating beans.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve seen a guy spent the spring refurbish a field next to the highway on my drive to work. It used to be a golfing range for a number of years.
This guy got rid of what little brush there was growing, plowed the grass under and got things ready to plant.
He’s planted something, not sure what it is but I believe he had to have planted individual live plants. This was about 4 weeks ago. Zero rain since then and I’m thinking all that work and money spent and that stuff is just going to wither up and turn brown.
To my surprise this stuff is actually growing and getting noticibly bigger. About 3 feet between plants and now that gap is a lot smaller.
I’m wondering how those plants are getting water to grow as much as they have. It’s river bottom area and no sign of irrigation equipment. What they are I have no idea.
o_O

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lots of noise & quite a light show north of us tonight but no precipitation here .

Still no precipitation here.
Supposed to be 105 today..
Big dairy across the way has changed its situation from “We don’t need any more acres” to:

“We’ll take all the fields ya got”

Chopper and trucks supposed to be here tomorrow or Tuesday.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Chopper guy showed up to look at my field..

Said it was way too green to worry about it right now.. He said moisture of the most burnt stuff they were chopping was at 55% and some of the moderate stuff was almost 70%..

It’ll probably rain before they ever get to it.. I woulda thought they would need some juicy stuff to pile on the other *s-word..

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We used to joke about the downpours..
“Hey look, it’s 30%ing on us again..”

Those low percentage storms are usually our worst. It'll be 20 to 30 percent chance, then outta nowhere it ramps up to 100 percent and we have about 15 minutes to batten (edit: spelling) down the hatches before we get hammered.

Last edited: