High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rumor is, this was yours at one timeView attachment 308221
Comment?
Nope, not me.
:risas3:

I grew up in Prairie Village, Ks.
The suburbs. I remember in Overland Park, out about 95th and Metcalf the was a parts store that stayed open till midnight called Midnight Auto Parts. :)

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Start putting this engine back together this weekend. Rumour has it that Ford used Nickasil on the cylinders of the Triton engines. But I cannot confirm this. One thing with this one that I've never seen in any engine I've ever done.
There's no ring ridge and no cylinder taper and it measures at factory stock 3.55 inches all the way down. I'm just going to do a light honing and rings, rods and main bearings. :)

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope, not me.
:risas3:

I grew up in Prairie Village, Ks.
The suburbs. I remember in Overland Park, out about 95th and Metcalf the was a parts store that stayed open till midnight called Midnight Auto Parts. :)
One time the transmission went bad on a Thursday. Son needed me to carry about a ton of newsprint for Sunday delivery to Wal-Mart, gas stations and so on. Got a replacement on Friday, and brought it back in a red flyer little wagon, bit under 3/4 mile one way. Got to thrashing away under that vw bus after a bit of supper. Wasn't bad little cramped with the bumper still on but had success. Finished 2:30 or so. Drove out to the depot and started putting together and bundling in 10's the center part of the weekend paper, for Sunday. Only difference between Saturday and Sunday weekend is the front page section. So in the midst of me doing that Son & his girlfriend get back from delivering Saturday edition. Hope I never forget the happy surprise look on his face.
Child wasn't mechanical and didn't know about dad's abilities. Beautimous moment. Yes midnight repairs. Don't remember much of ones with buds in high school, too much drinking at same time

Cat 525

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Start putting this engine back together this weekend. Rumour has it that Ford used Nickasil on the cylinders of the Triton engines. But I cannot confirm this. One thing with this one that I've never seen in any engine I've ever done.
There's no ring ridge and no cylinder taper and it measures at factory stock 3.55 inches all the way down. I'm just going to do a light honing and rings, rods and main bearings. :)
BMW and Moto Guzzi motorcycles have used Nickasil cylinders since the '80s. Great stuff, no ridge wear signs on the jugs. I've seen quite a number of Toyotas in for a head gasket at over 300K and no ridge on the top. I have my Dad's ridge reamer, but a lot of the techs now a days don't have one in their $40K tool inventory

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

MACHINE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Circling back to Farmertec 361 (the first kit saw from four years ago) got him back together and running. [emoji106]

Stihl has wandering idle issues.

Got four drivers added to a loop of 3/8” x .050 only to find Jeff had added a section of .063” gauge.

[emoji90][emoji2959]

No test cutting today. [emoji53]

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bald cypress posed with good light (<;20210911_143009.jpg
It's only 1 to survive of 35 saplings bought over 3 years IIRC
IMG_20170429_102739.jpg
Took pic on bricks next to black walnut at end of shed. Cypress has had this type of wash over a few times Trunks in upper left haven't responded as well and have been here longer