High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Subject change.....

Anybody running an insert in their fireplace? If so what brand, why and what would you do different....?

Nope, glass doors (sealed well) in both. Outside combustion air pipe, adjustable.

And, I’d get a different wife. One without nose problem. [emoji2960]

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure if the turbo is stock or not.
It’s a Garret, but looks different than the one on old greenie. Might just be difference in model years..
Mid 1999 they made a change with turbo and injector size. Mine is late 99 with the ZF6, 2wd, extended cab and sterling 10.5 rear end. Put new clutches in rear end about a year ago now and can't believe the difference it made. Pulled trailers of cattle and hay through mud I knew I shouldn't. Only had to use the tractor a couple times since then. Before if it rained I would have to pull it out of the yard to higher ground because of wheel slip. I've considered a TS 6 position for mine, just haven't decided. I should have loaded up my old square body and traded it to @Steve for the 4wd he had last year. lol

Junkyard

Can’t have too many saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'd give you one.
Its nice

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Whatcha got? The house we just bought has a fireplace but nothing great, it’s a place to build a fire and let most of the heat go right up the chimney. I’d like a stove but the girls in my life nixed that idea so we met in the middle. I’d like to generate some useable heat and enjoy a fire the two days a week I’m home lol.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Less problem

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
And when they are tired, you know it..

Got plenty of time to deal with it.

And. .
Only 2200 to go through em.
They won’t leave ya sitting anywhere.,,

Plus they nice for picking up bales..

sawnami

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Subject change.....

Anybody running an insert in their fireplace? If so what brand, why and what would you do different....?
We've got a Buck Model 91. When the catalyst brick fires up, it puts out a lot of heat. We used it exclusively for about 5 years then had to get a new HVAC unit so we are using it to heat now. The cost of heating between it and our old 1963 model that it replaced was astounding.
If you have a masonry or clay chimney, it would be best to have a liner in it. A source of combustion air from outside will help reduce cool drafts. A product called Anti-Creo-Soot will either reduce or eliminate cleaning the chimney.

https://buckstove.com/model-91

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Junkyard

Can’t have too many saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We've got a Buck Model 91. When the catalyst brick fires up, it puts out a lot of heat. We used it exclusively for about 5 years then had to get a new HVAC unit so we are using it to heat now. The cost of heating between it and our old 1963 model that it replaced was astounding.
If you have a masonry or clay chimney, it would be best to have a liner in it. A source of combustion air from outside will help reduce cool drafts. A product called Anti-Creo-Soot will either reduce or eliminate cleaning the chimney.

https://buckstove.com/model-91

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. That’s one I have been looking at. I bet it’s a chore to get it done!

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Evening All! Been out while taking a cram course on base (worth 5 credit hours for 8 days of actual course), and just found out that I'm gong back to nights for a year and a half, after I return from surgical convalescent leave... On a good note, after a few false starts, the 6.0 is running GREAT and driving very well. @Workshop I'm glad that there wasn't any additional damage, and that you're on the mend!!! @sawnami You better get a handle on your blood pressure before you end up in Steve's boots!

@Hedgerow you do officially suck for that 7.3/ZF6. I miss mine dearly, just not the money pit of the rest of the truck. The only way I get out of this 6.0 is when I find a Cherry 7.3, or 5.9 Dodge, OR another way around recent Tuning law changes, and then a 6.7 one way or another.

Looks like Dad and I are going to go buck and slit some wood Friday for an elderly friend. He has a well insulated house, and fully functional HVAC, but his late-stage Dimentia Wife (who I love dearly) loves the fire and he's recovering from a hernia. I figure we'll knock out about a cord and call it good, as his VC Defiant stove is pretty miserly on consumption. Take care and I'll start a GTG thread soon. Y'all may have to pack a few firearms too' and make it a multi-faceted thing. Once I get past PT, I am going to have to come help you guys with a charity cut elsewhere, to pay my dues.

Good night and How 'Bout Them Chiefs???