High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Supposed to be up to 65 tomorrow.
emoji15.png

emoji1696.png

Pretty crazy........supposed to be 76 tomorrow, 65 Sunday, the n 25 and windy on Monday! Goofy fall weather.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most excellent..

Hedge trees are a *b-word.. just plain miserable they are..
We just receive word that 40 acres of hedge trees along a tree line that's 50' wide will be cut down and hauled away in the near future. The property surrounds a state-owned lake but the tree land is owned by the federal government. An out-of-state company was hired by the feds to do all the work. No local people are expected or have been invited to receive any of the cuttings or hired to perform any work. Sound typical?

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We just receive word that 40 acres of hedge trees along a tree line that's 50' wide will be cut down and hauled away in the near future. The property surrounds a state-owned lake but the tree land is owned by the federal government. An out-of-state company was hired by the feds to do all the work. No local people are expected or have been invited to receive any of the cuttings or hired to perform any work. Sound typical?

how does a person or company even bid on a job like that? Any idea?

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Money changes hands under the table. [emoji6]

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bet ya gotta know somebody...or know where they post these opportunity for bid.
If I knew who had the contract I'd ring their bell to ask about take-away or dropoffs? I've learned how to deal with unexpected overwhelming yes's as well as nowayz.

Cat 525

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Can about guarantee you that the outfit has a female or minority involved! Put the company name in that way and they qualify for all that government bid stuff! Don't even have to be low bidder!

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can about guarantee you that the outfit has a female or minority involved! Put the company name in that way and they qualify for all that government bid stuff! Don't even have to be low bidder!
That's called equal opportunity.

I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A past company I worked for got bid sheets for communications equipment. Very detailed in what they wanted down to the model/part number. From what I saw, there is was no way anyone could make much on the bids. I would think local arborists would have access to bid, but would need tons of equipment/manpower to complete the contract.
Still would be nice to get a few loads of hedge.

sawnami

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A past company I worked for got bid sheets for communications equipment. Very detailed in what they wanted down to the model/part number. From what I saw, there is was no way anyone could make much on the bids. I would think local arborists would have access to bid, but would need tons of equipment/manpower to complete the contract.
Still would be nice to get a few loads of hedge.
The last law enforcement bid that we did had a contingency for the price to be good for any Missouri county, city, etc. in the hopes of branching into more sales. The bid had to be so low that we virtually sold them below cost and THEN paid for the new vehicle prep fees. One salesman got into deep trouble for selling a Camaro pursuit vehicle to a civilian.[emoji849]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk