High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

teacherman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning!
Yesterday was a productive day. Got most of my deck torn off, I plan to use the materials to build a chicken house. I figure after fifteen years, most of the CCA in the lumber is washed off, and if I paint it with paint approved for livestock contact, it should be OK. I hate it when something I build rots a few years later. It should be a pretty sturdy structure. Fence pickets that made up the railing will be turned into lap siding with the same reveal as my house, and the deck board will be the floor. The joist will be ripped and used for the framing. I have some rubber imitation slate shingles I got at the Habitat Store several years ago, so Nancy will appreciate that stuff finally being put to use. I'll post some pics when I get it done.

I was going to get Americana hens for the green eggs, but my buddy says leghorns are the best layers, and they don't need nearly as much feed. I'm not planning to eat the shells, right? haha

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning!
Yesterday was a productive day. Got most of my deck torn off, I plan to use the materials to build a chicken house. I figure after fifteen years, most of the CCA in the lumber is washed off, and if I paint it with paint approved for livestock contact, it should be OK. I hate it when something I build rots a few years later. It should be a pretty sturdy structure. Fence pickets that made up the railing will be turned into lap siding with the same reveal as my house, and the deck board will be the floor. The joist will be ripped and used for the framing. I have some rubber imitation slate shingles I got at the Habitat Store several years ago, so Nancy will appreciate that stuff finally being put to use. I'll post some pics when I get it done.

I was going to get Americana hens for the green eggs, but my buddy says leghorns are the best layers, and they don't need nearly as much feed. I'm not planning to eat the shells, right? haha
If you prefer brown eggs, the red sexlinks breed of hen's are a production breed like the standard white leghorn.
Hard to beat the production of the leghorns.
That's why the pro's use em.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Evening all! Ran the S.S. for about 40 minutes tonight. It's a lot f fun, but it's amazing how much wood you can pile up (that you then have to stack) in that time...

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning. ......
Still got the blahs from the flu
Kinda like the "don't give a craps"

Flu sucks. Just took Isaac to the doctor, he was positive for the flu. He is the last of the household to get it, all 4 of us have had it.

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Totally agree about the sucksiness. Just getting over it myself. In the space of coule hours i went from feeing good to crap. Now figting the give a craps like cobey. Amazing how that little bug can shake you like a rag doll and then slam you down. Guessing it takes a while to get strength back.
Go forth and conquer

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Flu sucks. Just took Isaac to the doctor, he was positive for the flu. He is the last of the household to get it, all 4 of us have had it.
Lisa and Levi got it.
Lisa was over it in bout 2 days. Levi still hacking.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went by the barber shop. “Closed due to illness”.