High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Has anyone received pm’s from laweke8502? Is he legit or a scammer?

greg_bbs

Active OPE Member
Local time
12:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone received PM’s from laweke8502, about wanted ads you’ve posted, claiming a friend has the parts for sale and giving you an email to contact this friend at?

laweke8502 is/was a new member but now his profile is “not available”
He seems very suspicious!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On a diesel forum I am on, we kept getting spammers awnser wanted adds. It was (in almost every case) always to say they have a friend with the part needed. They would always give a email address to contact the said "friend".

Sounds like a scam to me.

Last edited:

greg_bbs

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think so too!
The name I was told to contact is Joel Marcos.
I think everyone should be careful!
Is laweke8502 a member or did he/she get axed?

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Has anyone received PM’s from laweke8502, about wanted ads you’ve posted, claiming a friend has the parts for sale and giving you an email to contact this friend at?

We’ve had a couple members contacted by PM from a few different brand new members offering to sell something and asking that they be contacted in a separate email address. Those members have been banned. Likely what happened to your guy. This sort of thing should be viewed with maximum suspicion. Buyer beware.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is no justified reason to contact anyone by email if they already made the effort to contact You by PM.

And, yeah "a friend miraculously has all the parts You desire for sale" is just the same as "You are the 1.000.000th visitor, click here to claim Your gift"!

I don't claim to never have been scammed, but a little common sense goes a long way!

greg_bbs

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Definitely a scammer. One of the photos he sent me is straight from a current listing on EBay!

Am I allowed to post the email address he’s using or is that against forum rules?

I don’t want to see anyone get scammed!

jakeshi

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Folks I just wanted to pass along my experience with a scammer/scammers off this site. I did get scammed but was able to very quickly realize what happened and got all my money back. If you act fast there are protections in place just plug in and realize along with your gut and the awesome folks on this site who tried to warn. I did re engage the scammer and what they like to do is get you involved with more than one scammer so blame can be passed as to why you have not seen tracking on your purchase( I actually got a phone call and spoke to the foreign person). Days will turn into weeks. The scammer did realize I stopped the payment but was still willing to work with me to try and get the money flowing back his way so I had fun. Photos sent to you of what you want are right off the internet! The scammers are famous for producing fake FedEx receipts and also will give you a legit FedEx shipping number but the shipment never moves. Anybody can produce a FedEx label. Pictures of the receipts are always sent to show they are not scammers but when you check in with FedEx they have no record ( I called FedEx). Everything looks really up front but far from it. Pressure to pay now is always another thing. Cash apps, Zelle, Amazon gift cards. Last but not least the douch bags want screenshots of the transaction. I have purchased saws from good folks on this site but dropped my guard for one minute. Beware of messages from new members telling you they have everything you need or a friend has what you are looking for. Hope this helps someone.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Folks I just wanted to pass along my experience with a scammer/scammers off this site. I did get scammed but was able to very quickly realize what happened and got all my money back. If you act fast there are protections in place just plug in and realize along with your gut and the awesome folks on this site who tried to warn. I did re engage the scammer and what they like to do is get you involved with more than one scammer so blame can be passed as to why you have not seen tracking on your purchase( I actually got a phone call and spoke to the foreign person). Days will turn into weeks. The scammer did realize I stopped the payment but was still willing to work with me to try and get the money flowing back his way so I had fun. Photos sent to you of what you want are right off the internet! The scammers are famous for producing fake FedEx receipts and also will give you a legit FedEx shipping number but the shipment never moves. Anybody can produce a FedEx label. Pictures of the receipts are always sent to show they are not scammers but when you check in with FedEx they have no record ( I called FedEx). Everything looks really up front but far from it. Pressure to pay now is always another thing. Cash apps, Zelle, Amazon gift cards. Last but not least the douch bags want screenshots of the transaction. I have purchased saws from good folks on this site but dropped my guard for one minute. Beware of messages from new members telling you they have everything you need or a friend has what you are looking for. Hope this helps someone.
Thanks for sharing man. This could help keep someone else from getting scammed.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got one the same except the user name differs.
I was asking for parts not games and just moved on.

Reactions: Lnk

greg_bbs

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I smelled a sh**stain and searched current eBay listings and found the exact pictures they sent me. I posted this to try and warn all members about this donkey licker. Sadly, there’s more than one of them preying on people!

exCanuck

FartKnockerForum System Admin
GoldMember
Local time
11:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

VERY wise to post sus members here immediately, folks.
Please follow @greg_bbs 's lead and post sus members here whenever this happens.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
There are a couple of recent new forumites that seem a bit off from many that have joined in the last couple of years, I'm taking a wait and see approach to how they evolve . . .